David Torn (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
herro!

so i listen to the friday night lights soundtrack quite alot, and there's this one track called 'do you ever feel cursed' by David Torn on it.

can anyone recommend anything else by him that's in a similar vein? it's very very listenable stuff.

Haven't heard the piece but Torn does mighty work on David Sylvian's Secrets of the beehive.
He's all over lot's of Mick Karn's solo records too if you like that sort of thing. Saw Karn, Torn, Jansen and Barbieri in Hamburg in 1994 which is as close to a Japan reformation as anything since Rain Tree Crow.... Some of us live in hope.

I like Prezens. It's on ECM & probably his best regarded work..

excellent, will check it out.

well this is it.

Is he any relation to Rip Torn?

actually, yes! along with a slew of other famous types including sissy spacek, would you believe!

Haven't heard the piece but Torn does mighty work on David Sylvian's Secrets of the beehive.
He's all over lot's of Mick Karn's solo records too if you like that sort of thing. Saw Karn, Torn, Jansen and Barbieri in Hamburg in 1994 which is as close to a Japan reformation as anything since Rain Tree Crow.... Some of us live in hope.

ill try and get my hands on Beehive, so. I havent heard of Mick Karn, is he a similar type of musician?

thanks for all the tips doods.

have found the track on youtube accompanying a film short (for those who havent heard it)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

stunning!!

ill try and get my hands on Beehive, so. I havent heard of Mick Karn, is he a similar type of musician?

.....not sure
Mick Karn is a bizarre and amazing fretless bass player. A lot of his solo stuff is based around odd grooves and exotic fusions. Wouldn't be unequivocal about it - great moments though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back