CROWD CONTROL/LOOSE NUT/SORT IT OUT/CONTORT/BANG BROS THURS 26TH (1 Viewer)

Denver Max

44522_147242155305950_100000604994802_329392_4997856_n.jpg

Attachments

• Aug26.jpg
    Aug26.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 761
still i don't know say 50 turn up at 15 a head =750
take away the lower deck fee 150 i think it is leaves 600
so 600 between 5 bands 120 each...five in a band
20 quid each sure thats only a few beers,might not cover your petrol if ya came any distance
maybe it is time for a hike in prices for diy gigs, been thinking that for years.
still 15 seems steep maybe it is because we've been spoiled all these years....

well in my work "them" seems to mean the non irish workers...but their hardly putting this on are they?
i'd have thought it was stichty press because of the high price...but i guess not if your asking. :)

I'm gonna guess Modern Bullshit is them. I also think €15 is for before and after nine so if you don't watch Sort It Out you have to pay the €15, it's explained better on the facebook event if yous wanna have a look at that..

Unless it's some old punk band from England circa 1981 and it's in Fibber's and Paranoid Visions are playing, in which case the numbers would be down by half brigade all go anyway

FOAD/PV have never charged 15 for a gig in Fibbers?
and their gigs/promotions go on til way after 2am, I've been thrown out of the Lower Deck as early as 11-11.30 many a time.
You also get 5 bands in Fibbers and maybe people like '81 Punk bands, I know I do and by how full it is others must do too.
Don't get me wrong I like change in venues and like the bit of crusty/HC and like the Lower Deck and while not neccesarily always into the bands there who play when it's cheap I (and others I presume) would say "aahhh some live music and a few pints" so my point is 15 is sorta never gonna get off the ground for teh likes of the casuals, proper fans will attend but will they be enough in numbers to fill the place? and when u consider 3 of the 5 bands are seen on a pretty regularly basis it blunts the urge to pay 15....being jobless like me you should also have got some of my impressions here Cormac I would've though!

Haha but you have just proved my real point, which is not about how much a gig costs, but the fact that people will make excuses for one type of gig whilst criticizing another. I don't think numbers would drop by half if FOAD did a gig that was 15 euro in, and I don't think people would complain about it either. Their prices are generally around 10-12 euro per gig anyway so it wouldn't be seen as that much of an increase. But it's all totally different when it's a bunch of bands that would usually be around 8 euro to go and see. Yet the actual difference between those two scenarios is only in terms of 2 euro or so?
And then of course if someone is to put on Amebix or whatever in TBMC and charges 16 euro, no-one complains about the price of that.
Seems to me that the real complaint is 'you're not putting on bands I like' rather than 'it costs too much', in which case why bother saying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back