Chelsea v Spurs - FA Cup Quarter Final (1 Viewer)

Hossam Ghaly in doing somehting good shocker...what was less shocking was spurs throwing away a seemingly comfortable lead..again! Still, I only actually saw the first half and although chelsea were quite poor especially at the back, it was a great performance by spurs.

Jol out-thought Mourinho at the start by playing Lennon in a central role behind the two strikers, so much so that Mourinho took off Ferreira at RB for SWP and went with three at the back, one of whom was Essien! He ended up swapping players all over the pitch trying to get something out of Spurs, who harried Chelsea for a good 60 minutes before injuries to Berbatov and Lennon, and fatigue from Braga on Thursday, began to tell.

Mido is a fat fuck, so him replacing Berbs was a huge setback. Malbranqu should have come on for Berbs, and we should have pushed Lennon up front for ten minutes before replacing him with Hudd.

We also should have had a peno for Carvalho's handball, and Robben is a diving little prick.

typical spurs, and there i was cheering them on. last time i give spurs any love.

or middlesbra for that.

hammering a team with only 2 defenders 3-1 and you decide to defend? bah humbug.

Too busy holding up his gut.

Agreed, Mido looked terriby out of shape and over weight.
But they had the chances to make it 4-1 but Defoe messed it up. I was urging them to win, but just knew they wouldn't hold on.
Typical Morinho, i was waiting for him to do a knee slide along the touchline when they equalised, arrogant shite.

But Jol was even more negative than Benitez last week. Chelsea had to push on there was going to be loads of space and he tries to defend the lead.
We all know what's going to happen at White Hart Lane now, Chelsea will probably destroy them. If they do make it to the semis I hope they draw United, Id like to see Blackburn or Watford in the final for a change (preferably Blackburn, Watford were woeful against Plymouth).

Fellas, Jol didn't go defensive out of choice, he did it out of necessity.

Berbatov and Lennon should never have started the 2nd half, Berbs had a groin strain and Lennon was bolloxed. Jol left them on as long as possible, and we'd enough chances in the 2nd half to kill Chelscum off before he subbed the two.

Robinson, Chimbonda, King, Jenas, and Keane were all unavailable.

The sub options were Snoop, Malbranque, Hudd, Fat Fuck.

Hudd is too slow to play in a 4 man midfield, he's a great passer of the ball but he can't track back. If he can't track back he leaves a hole in out midfield.

Fat Fuck was a disgrace.

Malbranque was the only player available to continue the attacking thrust of the side.

This was not a typical Jol fuck up, poor defending for their last two goals cost us.

i see, i just assumed from other games i've seen, i wasn't able to see the 2nd half just caught the highlights and while they did have some chances i assumed they had been defensive the rest of the time, should have killed off the game really with lennon and defoes chances. ah well, ya never know, beat em once at WHL this season.

Id like to see Blackburn or Watford in the final for a change (preferably Blackburn, Watford were woeful against Plymouth).
so that man u or chelsea can twatter them?
middlesbra can use that sense of injustice to beat man u...or can they? probably not. will united win the treble? good god, not with that team. not with john o'shea. come on boro. for the sake of the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back