chaps at traffic lights with squeegies washing windscreens for cash. (1 Viewer)

rampz

notably at the junction of kylemore rd and the naas rd. i see dublin is slowly becoming rio de janeiro or some such third world capital with these blokes. now if they were doing it for free i wouldnt mind.

I can remember being very small and some one doing that to the car when we were driving through Dublin, this would have been around 1992, we were going to mosney .|..|.

i saw two fellas at this in mullingar a month or so back - a father and son i suspect. they were on the bus to dublin later that evening - i should have asked them if it was the down turn in the economy that had them out washing windows

i never pay these guys, but i do carry a sponge
with me at all times should i see one of them
driving along so i can return the favour

i never pay these guys, but i do carry a sponge
with me at all times should i see one of them
driving along so i can return the favour

i started reading that and i thought you were going to say, so you can sponge their face if you see them walking along.

Anyone touches my car can expect me to aim the thing at them in return.

That used to be popular in O'Connell Street. Very few people paid them so I think they gave it up.

Though, you'd wonder how they could have expected people to pay when they were manky durty themselves.

Not very professional.

Kids used to do it all along the Grand Canal years ago during the early 90s if I remember correctly.

Could be the sign of an economic downturn.:eek:

yeah, they were at every poxy junction. It was especially a pain in the hole if you'd just washed your car and then these little fuckers would come along and dirty the thing up. They used to say that you didn't have to give them money. I'd say 'ok so'.

Then there were those people who used to try and flog that little magazine for unemployed people at the lights there at collin's avenue/swords road. Supposedly it was some charity but the Joe Duffy show launched an investigation and it turned out to be some big hoax and it wasn't a charity at all. Some chancer chancing his arm.

There's a one legged girl who begs at the traffic lights on the Swords road beside Airside. It would be a bit awkward for her to squeegy your window though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back