Cat Power and Shane MacGowan (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Seems that they have recorded a duet (the Auld Triangle) for Cat Powers forthcoming Covers album. Could make for an hilarious appearance on Jules Holland at some stage.

Also doing Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long,”
Nice!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...wer-readies-two-more-covers-albums-fall-tour/

Cat Power has been in Brooklyn, Miami and Dallas studios recording two new albums of cover songs with Stuart Sikes (and a band consisting of drummer Jim White, keyboardist Greg Foreman, guitarist Judah Bauer and bassist Greg Paparazzi). On what’s tentatively titled The Covers Record II (due in January), Chan Marshall takes on Joni Mitchell’s “Blue,” the Highwaymen’s “Silver Stallion,” Hot Boys’ “I Feel,” Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Son,” Jessie Mae Hemphill’s “Lord Help the Poor and Needy,” Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You,” and a duet with Shane MacGowan on the Irish traditional “The Auld Triangle.” On 2000’s The Covers Record she memorably interpreted the Rolling Stones’ “Satisfaction” and songs by Moby Grape and the Velvet Underground.

can't imagine this being too interesting given how bland (despite the presence of some very talented musicians) her band was in a live setting. that said, her performance of I've Been Loving You Too Long at the infamous gig in Whelan's a couple of years ago made the whole crazy ordeal more than worthwhile.

Seems that they have recorded a duet (the Auld Triangle) for Cat Powers forthcoming Covers album. Could make for an hilarious appearance on Jules Holland at some stage.

Also doing Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long,”
Nice!

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...wer-readies-two-more-covers-albums-fall-tour/

Cat Power has been in Brooklyn, Miami and Dallas studios recording two new albums of cover songs with Stuart Sikes (and a band consisting of drummer Jim White, keyboardist Greg Foreman, guitarist Judah Bauer and bassist Greg Paparazzi). On what’s tentatively titled The Covers Record II (due in January), Chan Marshall takes on Joni Mitchell’s “Blue,” the Highwaymen’s “Silver Stallion,” Hot Boys’ “I Feel,” Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Son,” Jessie Mae Hemphill’s “Lord Help the Poor and Needy,” Otis Redding’s “I’ve Been Loving You,” and a duet with Shane MacGowan on the Irish traditional “The Auld Triangle.” On 2000’s The Covers Record she memorably interpreted the Rolling Stones’ “Satisfaction” and songs by Moby Grape and the Velvet Underground.

Judging by her recent bludgeoning of the classics onstage I have my doubts over whether this will indeed by "nice".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back