CAR TROUBLE. (1 Viewer)

Corey

My Britney's over-heating like a motherlover in next to no time at all. Drowned her with pints of coolant last month but it seems to be doing very little. She's ancient; and they're prone to heating up quickly, but pulling into the driveway every morning with a hissing steaming shitbox and then having to give the bithch a good kick out of frustration is starting to make the neighbours look at me funny.

I cant live if living is without this car. And i sure as fuck cant afford another. So. Asides from coolant, woould aaaanyone be aware of a sly tip or two for keepimg the engine temp down? She goes for about 30 mins before she gets all turned on.

oooohhh Peeee-eeeet?

sub-forum?

go on

basil_fawlty.jpg

What area do u live in Corey?
If I didn't need a car for job I wouldn't bother me arse.....you not got a good bus service?

What area do u live in Corey?
If I didn't need a car for job I wouldn't bother me arse.....you not got a good bus service?

kids on buses is a whole new circle of hell, once in a while for a novelty might be a laugh, but as regular thing, what with Dublin bus's improvisinational attitude to it's time tables, it is a pain in the face

get yourself a Haynes manual, http://www.haynes.com/ and get your hands dirty
you'll get every car motorbike under the sun, if its too old you'll find them handy enough on ebay too.
watch out that the coolent isn't leaking, you'll notice this by the blue gear being sprayed over the engine grill/fan. if its the pipe you can get a bottle of something, which name escapes me now, and that usually cloggs it, it worked for me and that was over a year and a half ago.

Corey, open up the hood and find the frontal rad-box. Turn the middle-side topwise. If the timing belt is cogged, release the flip switch twice.

hope this helps!

Radiator hoses could be blocked. Leak in the rad? If it is a leak, crack a raw egg into the rad and it will seal it for months.
I'd pull the hoses off the rad a see that there's not an obstruction. Cars overheating in this weather usually means a pretty simple fix.

Thumped aint just for hippies. Thumped is for men and trucks. You are all bastions of manhood and machienery.It's either the pipe or the gasket, cos the radiator can barely cool soup theses days.

I loved that car. I rebuilt her twice and crashed her once. Beat her round every day, but she'd always take me home after. Britneys on her knees. Again.

Thanks Pricks.

Thumped aint just for hippies. Thumped is for men and trucks. You are all bastions of manhood and machienery.It's either the pipe or the gasket, cos the radiator can barely cool soup theses days.

I loved that car. I rebuilt her twice and crashed her once. Beat her round every day, but she'd always take me home after. Britneys on her knees. Again.

Thanks Pricks.

what the fuck is he on about?

If you're stuck, and if you're not driving too fast, drive with the bonnet popped, but still held by the fastener. It'll help keep the engine cool. But be careful and don't drive too fast. Better to have some wire or something securing the bonnet on the fastener latch thingy though. To be extra safe.

Otherwise, try this: http://www.aa1car.com/library/overheat.htm (First decent Google I came across).

Interesting

i was having a look around in my cars engine yesterday- seeing if i could identify any of the parts i was looking at- i'm pretty sure the fan shaped thing was the fan.

There is sticker on the rim of the engine bay saying " Warning- asbestos- protective gear must be worn"

So....what the hell is that about?

(If there was a sub-forum for cars and motoring I woulndt have hijacked this thread...just saying ..like)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back