pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Falling banana kills woman

Slovenian migrant Ivanka Perko died in hospital last week in bizarre circumstances - she suffered complications after she dropped a banana on her leg.

Comical to the end, the 73-year-old old quipped to friends and family while on her deathbed: "I can't believe after all this time it was a bloody banana that killed me."

A family friend told The Saturday Daily Telegraph yesterday that Ms Perko - who was treasured by her Blue Mountains community - had been ill for several months with a condition that made her skin delicate and fine.

"She had tried to open a banana and dropped it," the friend said. "The pointy end scraped down her leg and she died from complications."

Even her death notice revealed her strange demise, killed by a falling banana.

Friends said it was seen as an appropriate end to a unique and fruitful life.

As she was farewelled at St Raphael's Slovenian Catholic Church in Merrylands yesterday, Mrs Perko's only son Izzy Perko told of his mother's colourful migration to Australia, her love of all things Slovenian and her daredevil ways which had never waned.

"She escaped Slovenia with nothing but the clothes on her back and a pocket full of black pepper to ward off the guard dogs, and for that
I am most grateful," Mr Perko said.

Within the Slovenian community, Ms Perko was known for her vocal protests about the famous Kransky being labelled as a Polish or German sausage.

Her love of Slovenia, the official home of the gourmet sausage, was only subdued by her memories of Nazi occupation and the brutal regime of Yugoslavian dictator Marshal Josip Tito.

In her final years, Ms Perko remained a valiant volunteer for Meals on Wheels and the St Vincent de Paul charity.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17882109-421,00.html

verta3.jpg

La La said:
that could get entered into that weird-way-to-die awards thing...whatsitcalled?

ah yes; darwin awards.
the darwins are more about stupidity though, aren't they?

This is my favourite Darwin Award - although it never actually happened.

The Arizona Highway Patrol were mystified when they came upon a pile of smoldering wreckage embedded in the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The metal debris resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it turned out to be the vaporized remains of an automobile. The make of the vehicle was unidentifiable at the scene.

The folks in the lab finally figured out what it was, and pieced together the events that led up to its demise.
It seems that a former Air Force sergeant had somehow got hold of a JATO (Jet Assisted Take-Off) unit. JATO units are solid fuel rockets used to give heavy military transport airplanes an extra push for take-off from short airfields.
Dried desert lakebeds are the location of choice for breaking the world ground vehicle speed record. The sergeant took the JATO unit into the Arizona desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. He attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, accelerated to a high speed, and fired off the rocket.
The facts, as best as could be determined, are as follows:
The operator was driving a 1967 Chevy Impala. He ignited the JATO unit approximately 3.9 miles from the crash site. This was established by the location of a prominently scorched and melted strip of asphalt. The vehicle quickly reached a speed of between 250 and 300 mph and continued at that speed, under full power, for an additional 20-25 seconds. The soon-to-be pilot experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners.
The Chevy remained on the straight highway for approximately 2.6 miles (15-20 seconds) before the driver applied the brakes, completely melting them, blowing the tires, and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface. The vehicle then became airborne for an additional 1.3 miles, impacted the cliff face at a height of 125 feet, and left a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.
Most of the driver's remains were not recovered; however, small fragments of bone, teeth, and hair were extracted from the crater, and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.
Ironically a still-legible bumper sticker was found, reading
"How do you like my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT-SHIT."​

Bored In Life.

If only we could treat the real world like thumped...

I'd have all the time in the world to come up with whimsical retorts and I could put my boss on my ignore list - permanently. Plus, I'd de-rep the fuck out of the green party...

B

Re: Bored In Life.

At last - this thread was all barry talked about last night - "i'm going to put up this thread and everyone's going to think i'm sooo cool blah blah blah is this your shoe?".

pete said:
the darwins are more about stupidity though, aren't they?

not all of them; there was one about a woman who got knocked down by the van that was delivering her birthday cake to her house. :(

Re: Bored In Life.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
At last - this thread was all barry talked about last night - "i'm going to put up this thread and everyone's going to think i'm sooo cool blah blah blah is this your shoe?".

Well, I need to keep myself entertained while you and the jew 'finish up'... I thought you were gonna through that 'his cock in my mouth' faux pas back in my face big style... phew!

BTW. Cuckoo Savant in the Roisin Dubh last night... :heart::heart::heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back