Bohs in serious trouble (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
Bohs lost their court case re trying to sell the stadium when they'd already sold part of it. The worst case scenario is the second developer looks for the few million he gave bohs upfront back, money thye have spent and the club goes bellyup. the end could well be nigh for the bohs.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/i...ount---euro60m-deal-now-in-doubt-1528137.html

BOHEMIANS suffered a major blow in their bid to complete the €60million sale of Dalymount Park today as a court case in Dublin went against the League of Ireland side.

Bohs have been in dispute with property company Albion for some time over the collapse of their 2001 deal to sell part of the Dalymount side to Albion. Bohs subsequently agreed a deal with Liam Carroll's property group Danninger to earn €60million for the sale of Dalymount and the building of a new stadium in Harristown.

But that deal has now been thrown into doubt when the judge found against Bohs in the matter and ruled that Albion were still entitled to the section of Dalymount they purchased in 2003.

"We are disappointed. We followed the advice of our legal team all the way through, we felt we had a strong case. Now we have to talk to our legal team and see what our next step is," Bohs secretary Gerry Conway said when the decision was announced after noon earlier today.

It remains to be seen of the plan to sell Dalymount Park to developer Liam Carroll in exchange for €40million cash and the building of a new, 10,000 seater stadium near Dublin Airport can go through, as the judge today effectively ruled that Albion still own the section of Dalymount which they purchased.

"We have an agreement in place with Liam Carroll and a contract signed but that deal may now need amendments. We need to talk to Liam and see what his feeling is on the verdict," added Conway.

Bohs began talks with Albion as part of the company's plans to develop the Phibsboro Shopping Centre site, which Albion own. After two years of talks, a deal was agreed whereby Bohs would sell part of the ground behind the goal at the Tramway End to Albion, in exchange for a cash payment and the building by Albion of corporate boxes for Bohs.

Albion agreed to paid Bohs an initial deposit of €100,000 and by 2003, it was claimed in court today, Albion chairman Pascal Conroy claimed publicly that "the deal is done".

Albion made regular payments to Bohs over the following months and years, money which Bohs - by now racking up massive debts due to the cost of their full-time squad - needed to stay afloat.

But disputes arose over the exact location of Albion's side and the deal began to unravel when it was suggested that, instead of building the corporate boxes for Bohs behind the goal, that Albion would pay Bohs compensation of €750,000 as a buy-out clause for not building the corporate boxes.

Over time relations between the parties grew more tense at by 2006 Bohs had sent Albion a cheque for €1.05million, to cover the amount that Albion had paid to Bohs since the deal was initiated, but the money was not accepted by Albion and they returned the cheque as they wanted to keep their deal in place and retain their land.

The matter ended up before the courts when Bohs agreed that deal, in 2006, with Danninger to sell Dalymount lock, stock and barrel and move to the new stadium in Harristown, but that deal has been blocked by Albion's court bid to have it recognised in court that the still owned part of the Dalymount site.

Now it's back to the drawing board for Bohs to see if they can somehow buy Albion out of their part of the land or somehow accommodate them in the overall deal to sell the ground and move to Harristown.Either way, it's a big blow to Bohs and their ambitions to have a successful, full-time team playing in a spanking new 10,000 seater stadium in the short term.

:mad: That shit pisses me off!

Fuckin scum wantin to knock down one of first and one of the most well known football grounds in Ireland to build a fuckin shoppin centre.

Bastards!

:mad: That shit pisses me off!

Fuckin scum wantin to knock down one of first and one of the most well known football grounds in Ireland to build a fuckin shoppin centre.

Bastards!

Well in fairness bohs have put themselves in this situation. It is a shame that in order to survive they have to move though.

not as much trouble as pats

singlebetslip.gif

:p

but in fairness where has the millions they were given gone, some would say on that big shiney cup they were given recently.
I know its unfair to pick out bohs, as every LOI team have had their fair amount of trouble this year, but players wages arent meant to exceed 60% of the clubs income, now a few million from a developer is hardly income, its not going to be there every year, I reckon semi pro is the only way forward for the LOI. players should deffo not get more than 60% of the gate. The galway Utd. chairman was on sunday sport last sunday , saying that 80 to 90
% of the clubs money comes form sponsership and fundraising and the other 10 to 20 from gate reciepts, how is there meant to be any future in that. I think what Mick Wallace is doing in wexford should be a blue print for other clubs, sure he could buy a league in a few season but hes putting money into good facilities for good local players. theres a future in that.

Mannn this has being one depressin year as a LOI fan, capped by the towns great preformace goin down 7-0 last night:mad:

The oul fella's a season ticket holder in oriel. Arrived back grinnin from ear to ear. The cousin plays for Athlone, Jim Sheridan.

Pain in the ballix over bohs. Enjoyed the few games we got in down there last season.

Cup final on sunday 23rd, kick off 3.15 session from early that morn - mightnt be too many days like this left - you on for it dregin?

Might brave the weather for the galway utd game this evening. Last home game of the season v finn harps. Relegation 6 pointer. Thought they were dead and buried a couple of months ago. They had to let half the team go and the manager had to start lining out for the team. If they don't stay up I'd say the club will be fucked. Built a new stand this year and paying it off is crippling the club.

The League of Ireland has had a rough run of it this season. Clubs have being trying really hard to get fans through the turn stiles and maintain profesionalism while paying enormous amounts of money on wages, but we'll come through it in the end.

I'm just on my way into Galway United V Finn Harps, the weather was shit all day but it's cleared up now so I'm ready to do my bit for the cause!ninjaaaa.

Can't believe Bohs lost that case, they seem to have done everything possible to have settled the dispute reasonably but it's all just been ignored in the court. Fuck Albion properties or whoever the fuck they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back