Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

i saw series 2 is starting on network 2 soon.
i hate this show - it is not in anyway funny and I LIKE nerdy jokes!!

Is there a worse comedy? (other than The War at Home which is strangely addictive...)

images

images

images

images

terrible guff this. it's like a nikelodian production. or a shite early 90s sitcom. terrible production values, irritating characters and astonishingly bad scripts.

Television is SHIT
i have to disagree here. there's loads of amazing US shows around which piss all over the vast majority of films released over the last fews years. the sopranos, curb your enthusiasm, the wire, arrested development, entourage, dexter, deadwood... i could go on. most home grown and UK tv is pretty poor with the odd exception, ie peep show, but the yanks are miles ahead of us in the television stakes. HBO rocks.

i have to disagree here. there's loads of amazing US shows around which piss all over the vast majority of films released over the last fews years. the sopranos, curb your enthusiasm, the wire, arrested development, entourage, dexter, deadwood... i could go on. most home grown and UK tv is pretty poor with the odd exception, ie peep show, but the yanks are miles ahead of us in the television stakes. HBO rocks.

Yeah, I have nearly all of those on DVD.
Watching broadcast television though, is SHIT.

no it's not.

There's rarely anything decent on, it's generally wall-to-wall shit. It's loaded with ads.
Anything you can think of doing instead - cinema, book, DVD, pub, gig, conversation, ride/wank - is usually far more enjoyable and/or fulfilling.

This is just one guy talking obviously. I more or less stopped watching telly years ago as it became apparent what a waste of time the fucking thing is.
Anything decent I'll get on DVD or Youtube, the rest is like having a tapeworm in your brain.

Each to his own though.

Yeah, I have nearly all of those on DVD.
Watching broadcast television though, is SHIT.

That makes no sense whatsoever, you are aware that those DVD's were broadcast on television right?

By your rational watching Seinfeld on Channel 6 tonight will be shit and pointless but shelling out 30 euro for the Season 6 boxset will make it great :confused::confused::confused:

That makes no sense whatsoever, you are aware that those DVD's were broadcast on television right?

By your rationale watching Seinfeld on Channel 6 tonight will be shit and pointless but shelling out 30 euro for the Season 6 boxset will make it great :confused::confused::confused:

So there's no difference between listening to commercial radio and listening to a CD?
Broadcast TV is jammed with commercials, shows like Seinfeld are shortened from their original length to fit even more in and you have to endure modern annoyances like credit squeeze.
You also don't have a choice what you watch next, it's decided by whomever the programming 'gods' at Channel 6 are or at wherever you flick to.
Fancy another Seinfeld? Yeah? Well, tough titty, cos Dawson's Creek is up next. But first, some advertisers want to sell you some aspirational products cos your life is crap.
Even at that bollocks state of affairs, a lot of people don't seem to tune in for a particular programme, they just have the telly on for hours and flick around watching stuff they have almost no interest in (as a huge proportion of what's on TV is, dare I say it, SHIT) until they find something they actually might want to watch, or the time for the programme they do like arrives.

Like I said, just one guy talking here, but in general I feel that watching (broadcast) television for an evening is like admitting you have fuck all better to do. No thanks.
My Mad Men box set arrived yesterday, every episode of South Park is available online for free for me to watch at my leisure and someone always texts me if there's something on I shouldn't be missing.
That'll do for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back