Best Premier League Season EVER? (1 Viewer)

maims bond

Was looking through old youtube vids last night and came across a one hour show of the 1995/6 season. I remember it well and it was such an amazing title race. Newcastle losing a 12 point lead, Liverpool and United snapping at their heals. The 4-3 game at Anfield. The rise of Fowler, Yorke and the flood of players that arrived that year like Bergkamp, Ginola and Asprilla. And King Kev losing his marbles. Ah to be 15 again.

Everton won the charity shield that year and finished 6th our highest position in of the decade. I'm Down with it. It's no 2004-5 though. If for nothing else the lads turning up obviously hung over for the last game of the season against arsenal and getting beaten 7-0. Oh how we laughed.

Those were the days, proper football played by real men. None of this billionaires fantasy football bollocks.

Everton won the charity shield that year and finished 6th our highest position in of the decade. I'm Down with it. It's no 2004-5 though. If for nothing else the lads turning up obviously hung over for the last game of the season against arsenal and getting beaten 7-0. Oh how we laughed.

Did you see last year when Inter won the league due to results elsewhere and went out on the piss against Mourinho's wishes as they'd a match to play the next day? Zlatan was trying to come off but Jose wouldn't make the change to punish him. He was fairly distressed. Funny stuff.

Was looking through old youtube vids last night and came across a one hour show of the 1995/6 season. I remember it well and it was such an amazing title race. Newcastle losing a 12 point lead, Liverpool and United snapping at their heals. The 4-3 game at Anfield. The rise of Fowler, Yorke and the flood of players that arrived that year like Bergkamp, Ginola and Asprilla. And King Kev losing his marbles. Ah to be 15 again.

Entertaining season. Terrible FA cup final but there was a free bar in the pub in Dalkey until the first goal was scored. I got destroyed on Woodies and fell asleep on the DART back to town.

Man City relegated wasn't so good. Alan Ball getting incorrect info re results elsewhere so urged 'em to play for the draw after coming back to 2-2 against Liverpool (from being 2-0 down).

Ferguson's mind games were the icing on the cake - the icing on the cake that confirmed him as a total prick.
ABUs started to mushroom from then on. Not too many ABLs around when Liverpool dominated the 1980s. Why? 'Cause they didn't have an ungracious prick of a manager.

Entertaining season. Terrible FA cup final but there was a free bar in the pub in Dalkey until the first goal was scored. I got destroyed on Woodies and fell asleep on the DART back to town.

Man City relegated wasn't so good. Alan Ball getting incorrect info re results elsewhere so urged 'em to play for the draw after coming back to 2-2 against Liverpool (from being 2-0 down).

Ferguson's mind games were the icing on the cake - the icing on the cake that confirmed him as a total prick.
ABUs started to mushroom from then on. Not too many ABLs around when Liverpool dominated the 1980s. Why? 'Cause they didn't have an ungracious prick of a manager.

Which pub was that? I'd struggle to imagine any of them doing it these days. Maybe the Queens for a Leinster match or some such hideousness.

I've read that Liverpool were regularly applauded off the field by rival fans during the 70s and 80s because they were not only brilliant but good to watch and had seriously admirable characters involved in the club on the playing side and the coaching side.

I've read that Liverpool were regularly applauded off the field by rival fans during the 70s and 80s because they were not only brilliant but good to watch and had seriously admirable characters involved in the club on the playing side and the coaching side.

It's true. They're applauded off by rival fans now because they're playing shit and lose regularly. Just sayin like.

Speaking of ManU being ungracious cunts, it occurred to me that their ungraciousness could be summed up by the banner they unfurled at the stretford end against Leeds the other day. Here is a club that have won how many titles/cups/whatevers in the last couple of decades, playing a former bitter rival that now languishes literally leagues below them, and instead of just dealing with the banter on the day as I imagine other big clubs such as Arsenal and 'Pool would do, they have a prepared banner slagging Leeds off for selling Cantona to them fucking years ago. What's with the inferiority complex? Why all the raw aggression toward everybody? If they're like this when they're at the top of English football, what will they be like when they go through some barren years?(which I hope they fucking do very soon).
Contrast that with the Liverpool banner about Chelsea not being able to buy class and you see the difference between big clubs that are comfortable being considered a big club, and ManU.
I'm not a liverpool fan btw, I just don't like bad winners.

premier league is crap. old first division is where it's at. 2 points for a win. grass is brown. no dirty johnny foreigners.

premier league is crap. old first division is where it's at. 2 points for a win. grass is brown. no dirty johnny foreigners.

Ever see that ITV news report on Eric Cantona having a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. The reporter is going "they have 3 foreign players at the club already including an American" in a you're-not-going-to-believe-this voice. Good times. I think it was John Harkes.

Ever see that ITV news report on Eric Cantona having a trial at Sheffield Wednesday. The reporter is going "they have 3 foreign players at the club already including an American" in a you're-not-going-to-believe-this voice. Good times. I think it was John Harkes.
Harkes going to sheffield, wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back