Best Pantera Record (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

basically, Great Souhern Trendkill is untouchable. Although, Far Beyond Driven is a hot contender. this thread will have no mention of the crap hair metal days.

for those of you who didnt like pantera, not only are you not "true," you are also seriously gay.

Alan Remorse said:
basically, Great Souhern Trendkill is untouchable. Although, Far Beyond Driven is a hot contender. this thread will have no mention of the crap hair metal days.

for those of you who didnt like pantera, not only are you not "true," you are also seriously gay.
its vulgar display of power or nothing.
was that album branded racist at the time ? i remember so white power crap or something.

god i once loved pantera so much

my favourites were vulgar display of power and reinventing the steel. but that was about3/4 years ago now.|..| .|..| .|..|

Ciaran Mackle said:
god i once loved pantera so much

my favourites were vulgar display of power and reinventing the steel. but that was about3/4 years ago now.|..| .|..| .|..|
reinventing the steel!!!! are you mad man?!!?!?!

side 2 of vulgar display (and we're talking sides here, as this was in the days of cassette buying) is seriously lame.. only good song is the last one. sure, its got the classics but as a record it's hit and miss.

trendkill is the way to go

Alan Remorse said:
reinventing the steel!!!! are you mad man?!!?!?!

side 2 of vulgar display (and we're talking sides here, as this was in the days of cassette buying) is seriously lame.. only good song is the last one. sure, its got the classics but as a record it's hit and miss.

trendkill is the way to go
i actually from what i can remember think the second side of vulgar display was way heavier. the riffs were fuckin killer.

reinventing the steel is straight out heavy shit. even pantera reckon its their best record.

i always thought trendkill was second worse to far beyond driven

Alan Remorse said:
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pantera albums in order of goodness

1.Vulgar Display of Power
2.Reiventing the Steel
3.Cowboys from Hell
4.Great southern trendkill
5.Far Beyond Driven

i'll do a chart when i get home from work... in 5 hours' time......... why did i agree to a night shift

a draw between far beong driven & great sothern trendkill. reinventing the steel is just a contract filler. like "live" cds. or remixs. cowboys and vulger are also excellent. shame about damageplan. and phil dissapearing up his own arse.

xsteox said:
a draw between far beong driven & great sothern trendkill. reinventing the steel is just a contract filler. like "live" cds. or remixs. cowboys and vulger are also excellent. shame about damageplan. and phil dissapearing up his own arse.
at last! anyone who disses Far Beyond Driven obviously has never heard "strength beyond strength"

its gotta be vulgar display of power cos its the only one i have :) it was pulled out very late in the day on sat night and despite the fact that i could barely stand i rawked ooot jonah. me and diamond darrell had a showdown. i'd just gotten my air guitar spray painted and i was so up for it. unfortunately i was very out of breath after the fast bit on mouth for war so diamond darrell won on a technicality. interesting concept - a punctured air guitar.

Godflesh remix of 'Fucking Hostile (Biomechanical Mix)'

and 'Vulgar Display...'

Side one of Vulgar Display Of Power is absolute killer. The best. Cowboys from hell is just a warm up for Vulgar. Far Beyond Driven was very dissapointing at the time, must give it a listen again. Haven't heard anything beyond that, seems to worth checking out.

Have any of you actually heard their pre-Cowboys stuff? Years ago a friend of mine used to rave about Pantera and he gave me a loan of Power Metal and I told him I thought it was one of the worst albums I'd ever heard. Hence i was suspicious of Pantera until I saw them blow the shit out of Megadeth in the point a good few years later. Still one of the best gigs I've seen.

Anthony said:
Side one of Vulgar Display Of Power is absolute killer. The best. Cowboys from hell is just a warm up for Vulgar. Far Beyond Driven was very dissapointing at the time, must give it a listen again. Haven't heard anything beyond that, seems to worth checking out.
I agree about Far Beyond. There are a few killer songs on it but overall it's a pretty weak, albeit extremely heavy, record.

hee hee... this thread is funny. I dug up vulgar display of power a few weeks ago and listened to it for the first time in literally years, in a sort of 'let's see what that stuff I was into when i was 14 sounds like now' buzz... I was torn between punching the air and cringing for the most part. and the bad tattoos! oh my :D

alan, remember that band cork ken was in that covered 'walk'? it were a sight to behold :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back