asian horror (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
the ring was well creepy.
thought ju-on: the grudge was way scarier, possibly the sacriest film of all time. no let up in the terror.
saw marebito recently, absolute shite.
saw audition, not scary, pretty gruesome, tho not as gruesome as people say, apparently someone fainted at it in the IFI last year? next on my list is ichi the killer.

Imprint. Freaked me out to fuck.

Imprint is the twelfth episode of the first season of Masters of Horror. Directed by Takashi Miike, the episode was scheduled to premiere on January 27, 2006 but was shelved by Showtime over concerns about its extremely graphic and disturbing content.

imprint1.jpg

"The Eye" - much as it was not a particularly good film, did anyone else see it in the cinema and get seven shades of piss shocked out of them by the opening sequence trick the Pang Brothers play on the audience? That moment alone is one of the greatest cinema experiences of my life.

Imprint. Freaked me out to fuck.

imprint1.jpg

Yeah that's good alright. I have the first two seasons of Masters Of Horror, haven't watched all of them yet, some of it is pretty hit or miss... The third season was moved to a big channel like CBS or summat so it's been toned way down. boo.

Ichi The Killer is pretty crap.

I think Audition is amazing though.

check out phone, abnormal beauty, inner senses, premonition, infection, guinea pig series, few i can think of now which are good..flower and snake(s) worth a gawk as is Naked Blood and Red Room, more gorey fucked up shit than horror though.
again, chartbusters/gamestop are selling shitloads of these horrors for half nothing, so crack open the piggy bank!

Anthony Wong is in some sick, disturbing motherfuckers!!!!

Ebola-Syndrome.jpg

Is that Ebola? That's a notorious film! However at this stage of my life that makes me want to avoid it, rather than desperate to see it.

The only thing I can really add to this thread is I thought the Audition looked like it was going to turn out interesting and cool at a few points but then just meandered on for ages to the gruesome tacked-on finale. Not very good.

Ring - very creepy.

Other creepy movies on this thread - I'm scared to watch them.

s that Ebola? That's a notorious film! However at this stage of my life that makes me want to avoid it, rather than desperate to see it.
Yeah its Ebola Syndrome. So very sick stuff there. Wong seems to mainly play very creepy disturbed individuals..

Another asian nasty:

men_behind_the_sun__WinCE_.jpg

It has 3 sequals - only the last is worth seeing..

men_behind_the_sun__WinCE_.jpg

It has 3 sequals - only the last is worth seeing..

That was the movie that made me decide i'd kinda had enough of watching movies just cos they were supposed to be harsh/controversial/whatever.

The scene with the cat is inexcusable. :(

That was the movie that made me decide i'd kinda had enough of watching movies just cos they were supposed to be harsh/controversial/whatever.

The scene with the cat is inexcusable.
For sure....and there seemed to be no reason really for that scene.

Yeah I stopped watching completely gratutious films a long while back...

watched tale of two sisters, good story, not that scary i thought, bought the eye trilogy, might watch it this weekend. downloaded ring 0: birthday, back story of sadoko too. still haven't seen anything as creepy as ju-on the grudge.

"The Eye" - much as it was not a particularly good film, did anyone else see it in the cinema and get seven shades of piss shocked out of them by the opening sequence trick the Pang Brothers play on the audience? That moment alone is one of the greatest cinema experiences of my life.

what did they do?
a few years ago i went to a pre-showing of Re-cycle. i've never been that in to horror and particularly Asian horror (after i forced myself to watch half an hour of Ringu) so I hadn't seen the Eye but had heard of the Pangs. They actually came along and spoke about the movie before and after. (Danny and Oxide - best names ever).

anyway, it was actually one of the more 'beautiful' films i've seen - really amazing effects, sets, etc - but it still froze my blood in several parts.

192703753_2ca63acece.jpg

(we ended up getting the MTR home with one of the actors, some old guy who played the grandad role in the movie, who chatted to us about making it, which was kinda cool :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back