artist photographers and poets read this!!! (4 Viewers)

mc moley

Website
Visit site
hello. this is darragh from kilcoole....
me and luke are going to be putting on an art DIY exhibition/gig sometime in Nov.

we need to hear from artists photographers etc ... who want to display their stuff.

basically our reason for doing this is the punk scene and the art scene are totally disconnected at the moment. we wanna try and get them a little closer.

the basic jist of the gig will be thus ...
go to gig and pay a fiver in or what not. in return you get a sticker and put it on a piece of artwork you like, then it becomes yours. then at the end of the night you take your painting and the artists get the money at the door (less expenses). the pros are the artists get recognition and you get nice cheap art and a gud gig.
sooooo artists email me at [email protected]
cheers
dar
.|..|

mc moley said:
hello. this is darragh from kilcoole....
me and luke are going to be putting on an art DIY exhibition/gig sometime in Nov.

we need to hear from artists photographers etc ... who want to display their stuff.

basically our reason for doing this is the punk scene and the art scene are totally disconnected at the moment. we wanna try and get them a little closer.

the basic jist of the gig will be thus ...
go to gig and pay a fiver in or what not. in return you get a sticker and put it on a piece of artwork you like, then it becomes yours. then at the end of the night you take your painting and the artists get the money at the door (less expenses). the pros are the artists get recognition and you get nice cheap art and a gud gig.
sooooo artists email me at [email protected]
cheers
dar
.|..|

sounds good
where you doing it?

you know about this?

"Guerrilla Artfare - Saturday 26 August, 2003

You are invited to the launch of Guerrilla Artfare. It will take place from 6 – 8 pm at Blackfort Organic, Temple Bar. We look forward to seeing you there. Guerrilla Artfare September 12th – 20th Blackfort Organic 4 Crow St Temple Bar Dublin 2

What is Guerrilla Artfare? An exhibition of Artwork from four people involved in independent music in Dublin. They came together to organize an event that would involve music and art and would not take place in a commercial gallery setting The artists and their respective bands are Sarah Sheil of Estel Boz of The Steampig Dave Hedderman of The Immediate Naomi Ryder (DJ) The exhibition will end with a finale gig with live performances from Estel, The Steampig, The Immediate and a DJ set from Naomi Ryder

The exhibition will end with a finale gig with live performances from Estel, The Steampig, The Immediate and a DJ set from Naomi Ryder Guerrilla Artfare Finale Gig Blackfort Organic Saturday 20th September 2pm – 5pm Admission free:

If you would like to be sent a brochure with more information then please contact: Sorcha Kenny – Exhibition Coordinator Flat 2 30 South Richmond St Portobello Dublin 2 Tel: 086 3258854 E-mail: [email protected] "

hello....
it looks like the gig/exhibition will be on in the music room
bands and artists let me hear from you so far we have just a few pieces.
i'm thinking about doing zines as well as pics poems and paintings.
oh yeah i have a very good naked pic of ray from bayside from when he was down in 'coolie skinny dipping wit the rest on the beach so if that wont make you come i dont know what will. i think i might blow it up to poster size?!
so get painting!

ray's from baldoyle daragh.. hence the bxhxc.
can you see his cockle shell bay?? is it nice?

weeler said:
ray's from baldoyle daragh.. hence the bxhxc.
can you see his cockle shell bay?? is it nice?
lets just say there's a fair bit of shrinkage going on but fair dues all the same....he'd rock my world!
send me an email yez bastards i need sum stuff!! so far just a few interested....the more artists the more free stuff!!!!

lets just say there's a fair bit of shrinkage going on
sure it might not be much but it would fill a buggy...
and i dont mean by getting a girl pregnant. hohoho

mc moley said:
i'm thinking about doing zines as well as pics poems and paintings.
doing zines how? I presume you don't mean that someone ends up paying a fiver for a zine... how's that gonna work?

no you pay a fiver into the gig and get a bit of art. theres gonna be bands playing up front and people wit art down the back. then wen u come in at the begining you put your name on a sticker and stick it to sum art. but if there aint enought art it be good to get a zine or some thing instead.
so your actually paying into the gig but coming away wit some thing as well.
make sense?

yeah i got all that the first time round :p i get the whole art thing... i'm wondering where zines fit into that? or are they not connected to it at all and yr just being horrendously confusing...

no, you're being confusing. What he appears to be saying is - there may not be enough art to give to 100 or so ppl who might show up at a gig so some ppl might get a zines for free instread.. .

thats a really cool idea, best of luck with organising it, art and the hardcore/punk scene really should be connected a lot more.....now roll on the Derek Hess fine art prints!

Ok, I am willing to display my artwork at this. But I am unwilling to sell the originals (as they fetch sums of money ranging from 300-1500 euro). I will display copies, and I dont want to be paid for this.

All my work is in black and white, so it is easily copied.

I would also like to point out that some of my work is extremely controversial, and I have been banned in the past.

For any of you interested, my gallery is online at:
www.conniffe.com/brian

All the best,
-Brian Conniffe.

zyklon b zombie said:
Ok, I am willing to display my artwork at this. But I am unwilling to sell the originals (as they fetch sums of money ranging from 300-1500 euro). I will display copies, and I dont want to be paid for this.
wanker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back