Art School Confidential (1 Viewer)

hadn't heard anything about it until i saw it in the rental shop so quite possibly

cool. i get to watch it in my nice warm house with coat hangers and tinfoil on the ceiling rather than sitting in some cinema with people and their GERMS.

I must see this. It's one of about 4 cool-looking DVDs in my local extravision, and I almost took it out last weekend - thanks for giving me head(s up).

the best thing about this was that the characters all look really like daniel clowes drawings - the scene where everyone's arriving at school, it's really obvious.

i read the comic years ago, and the bits where it was obviously in the film (like jerome's mate pointing out the 'types') seemed clumsy. i dunno, i really wanted to like this, but i thought the second half reeeeally dragged and that it took the potential shortfall of comics (superficiality, or at least a lack of description and exposition) without adding anything.

Sorry lads, but I got this out on saturday and it's an absolute dog's dinner. My wife thought it was a turkey. So maybe it could be a dog's dinner with turkey chunks.

19866.jpg

?

I'd like to see David Boring made into a movie...

Got Crumb (Zwigofs first film) in dvd there recently. Had'nt seen it since it was in the cinema. Great movie. Seems like Terry Zwifof has known Crumb for years, even plays in his band, we'' did anyway. Surpriized there's no mention of that in the film...

i rented this a few weeks ago and i liked it, and i told someone else that if he didn't like it he could blame unclealo, and sure enough he didn't like it, and we passed unclealo on the street a few days later and i said 'that's the guy you can blame'. it was exciting.

i rented this a few weeks ago and i liked it, and i told someone else that if he didn't like it he could blame unclealo, and sure enough he didn't like it, and we passed unclealo on the street a few days later and i said 'that's the guy you can blame'. it was exciting.

Hahahahha. He should have attacked me or something :D

The comic is pretty good, i think the stories were originally in Eightball. I haven't seen the film. The Ghost World comic is a masterpiece. I recently read Ice Haven which is really really good too. The collect Daniel Pussey stories is gas too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back