apple mac G5 for sale (1 Viewer)

the departed

here we go again,

i am selling my beloved apple mac G5 from 2003.
this is a very basic spec but functional machine.
its is
1.8 ghz powerPC,
1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
OSX 10.4.11
also included is the airport express upgrade so you can go online wirelessly.

i have used this machine without a single problem since i got it.
whilst being fairly low spec by todays standards, i have used this for basic work with final cut pro, photoshop, logic pro, reason etc with no problems.
the reason i am selling is because i need to do more professional work in video and audio and thus require higher spec. this machine would make a great cheap studio or design/media suite.
it will come fully loaded with the latest final cut pro, and photoshop 7 with a few others if required.
i can also do a clean out of the drives if you would prefer.

it has:
1 FW800 port
2 FW300 ports
5 USB 2 ports

any other info can be passed on if required.

i will also include a free relysis CRT monitor in the sale if you are without your own monitor, but of course you can pick up flatscreens for next to nothing now.

mouse and keyboard included. as is the original box.

can deliver in dublin within reason.

also, if i know you and you know me, im sure i can work out a deal...show some love.

thanks

also, since i figured most people here would be buying this for audio stuff,

i find that logic runs perfectly fine if youre not piling on the plug-ins..i regularly mix projects with 24 tracks and a moderate amount of plug ins with no big problems.
the only thing i find is that if you are playing back a project and it goes from say, 8 tracks to 16 or more, youll get a core audio overload.

if you got this maxed out at 4gigs of ram however, itd fly along. 1.5 gigs of ram is pretty small actually but i never got around to upgrading other than the upgrade from stock(512mbs).

any more questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Apple_Power_Mac_G5_1.jpg

Those G5s go on forever, plus they have the added bonus of being pretty much unstealable (unless you're being robbed by Geoff Capes).

Great deal.

yup. had it 4 years and not had a single problem.

also, just to let any interested parties know, ill be picking up my new machine probably around the 10th of january so ill be looking to hand it over around then.

thanks.

How handy is Mac OS to get used to? And what's the graphics card like on it? Would it be capable of HD output? And the HD size?

I'm interested, the only thing is collection of it..

eh its hard to say. you seem to be good with computers so it wouldnt be too alien.
it can only do HD output if you get a HD card such as a blackmagic card. the internal drive is 120 gigs.

cheeers.

now included in the sale is a hard to find ADC to DVI adapter which means if you get 2 DVI monitors, you can run dual screens.

cost me 70 euro for the adapter.

the lot for 350.

cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back