AOR (1 Viewer)

steveamanakick

Website
www.windingswindings.com
Just got Arab On Radar's "Yahweh or the Highway". love it a million. Kind of fits my "noisy noise with weird vocals and excellent percussion" vibe i'm in at the moment. Along with Black Eyes, Lightning Bolt, Destructo Swarmbots, Pink and Brown, all backing up the annoying noise rock quotient. Are there any other bands i should know about that fit the above description? eh? Can't just be pure noise though, like Acid Mothers Temple or something...

try www.hellaband.com but nerdburger hag is totally the man for this question:)

Giveamanakick said:
Just got Arab On Radar's "Yahweh or the Highway". love it a million. Kind of fits my "noisy noise with weird vocals and excellent percussion" vibe i'm in at the moment. Along with Black Eyes, Lightning Bolt, Destructo Swarmbots, Pink and Brown, all backing up the annoying noise rock quotient. Are there any other bands i should know about that fit the above description? eh? Can't just be pure noise though, like Acid Mothers Temple or something...

this is some good aor:

phil.jpg

'yahweh' is deadly aor too though.

aw i thought this was going to be a thread Discussing AOR and Melodic rock. - im not a huge fan but I have been known to rock out to stuff like Yes, Y&T, Ufo, Whitesnake, focus, genesis and peter gabriel records.

I know my friends slag my weird taste in music and call AOR any old rubbish ha ha.

anyone here a fan of this stuff are do you just slag people who likes it? :)

dislexik_pnuk said:
aw i thought this was going to be a thread Discussing AOR and Melodic rock. - im not a huge fan but I have been known to rock out to stuff like Yes, Y&T, Ufo, Whitesnake, focus, genesis and peter gabriel records.

I know my friends slag my weird taste in music and call AOR any old rubbish ha ha.

anyone here a fan of this stuff are do you just slag people who likes it? :)

I've been getting into Yes recently (just picked up a copy of the remastered debut for cheap) - I'm going to look into Gabriel-era Genesis later. I suspect that I'm a prog rock lover at heart :/

Yeah i have loads of that kind of stuff on vinyl - Quartz, Holograf, Rush, Tangerine Dream, Old Genesis, Mike and the Mechanics, Steve Winwood, Peter Framton, Alan Parsons Project, Chicago, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Foreigner, Marillion, Aerosmith, Cheap Trick, Aisia, Journey, Dire Straits, ELO, ted nugent, molly hatchet, Camel, Shy, Keel, Joshua, Phish, Magnum, Sparks, Foghat, Zappah, Boston. I pilferd it from my ex's dad years ago. some good stuff.

Id even spin some stuff like malmseen, vai, satriani, dream theatre, Stu Hamm, Richie Kotzen, Greg Howe, Derick Sherinan, Transatlantic, Chroma Key, Tony Mcalpine, Eric Sardinas, Spocks Beard, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Liquid Tension Experement, Bozzio Levin Stephens, Michael Manring, Victor Wooten.

some of this stuff is great I love really cheesy rock music and proggy stuff - its my secret shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back