anyone remember... (2 Viewers)

Franco

....this short animation that used to be on RTE years ago, frequently used as filler after the six o clock news or at night when TV was finishing up.

It had a green guy with big bug eyes swimming about in this psychedelic day-glo world, with an 80s electronic sound track.

what was this shit?

the music was Autobahn by Kraftwerk and the video was some guy's end of year project.
i'll find the info. there was a thread about it before.

Sound.

I was told the music was Kraftwerk by a mate but didn't believe him. Hazy childhood memories and the like..

got it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers neilo.

The RTE van came to Wexford when I was 3 (1975) and I got interviewed on the radio - they asked me what my favourite program on TV was and I said "The chicken". When they asked what the chicken was I got real excited and said "the chicken goes along <mumble> and then he <mumble mumble> and then <mumble> and then he goes BZZZZZ." It transpired the the chicken was one of those 2 minute cartoon filler things that had been on after the 6 o'clock news once

It was taped on a reel-to-reel tape deck standing in front of the radio, so the quality is damn poor and I could never make out what the <mumble>s were

there were a few threads on this before....
4.jpg

explains the multitude of krautrock bands in ireland - subliminal influelces via rte1 when we were kids;)

indeed. dudley posted a thread about this not longer than last week! and I've heard others bring it up... must be some sort of collective recollection going on.

watched it a few days ago. creepy innit? never knew it was some guy's end of year project.

indeed. dudley posted a thread about this not longer than last week! and I've heard others bring it up... must be some sort of collective recollection going on.

watched it a few days ago. creepy innit? never knew it was some guy's end of year project.

did you watch it on youtube? i'd love to own it.

argh... i'm sure this was all posted pretty recently. that autobahn video used to make me wail and gnash my teeth as a child. they always called it a 'short extra programme' but it seemed to go on for aaages. the last time i saw it on tv was about 10 years ago and i was waiting to watch krull and there was some technical difficulty so they stuck it on... ugh. i much preferred this!

It's shit.
Nostalgia has a habbit of making things seem better than they actually are.

dear gawd. yes I remember that. never heard of the frog chorus though... ;) (trying to suppress my congnitive functions here).

while we're at it,

!bog

did you watch it on youtube? i'd love to own it.

Wrell now you can:)

There are free downloadable programs available that lets you save YouTube videos to your harddrive

You first save the flv file then you convert it to mpeg or whatever video format you want

theres a thread on eirecore about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back