Anyone near Birr willing to do a bat survey? (7 Viewers)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Mrs. egg_ runs some national bat population studies (like the Birdwatch Ireland stuff, but for bats), and one of them involves volunteers slowly driving a pre-planned route at nighttime with a bat detector sticking out the window.

Somebody has pulled out, and she needs a new team near Birr. Normally you need 2 people - one navigator and one driver. Takes 1.5-2 hours Car-based Bat Monitoring - Bat Conservation Ireland

I know this is pretty niche, but so are thumpeders

Mrs. egg_ runs some national bat population studies (like the Birdwatch Ireland stuff, but for bats), and one of them involves volunteers slowly driving a pre-planned route at nighttime with a bat detector sticking out the window.

Somebody has pulled out, and she needs a new team near Birr. Normally you need 2 people - one navigator and one driver. Takes 1.5-2 hours Car-based Bat Monitoring - Bat Conservation Ireland

I know this is pretty niche, but so are thumpeders

I don't know what it says about me, or the time I log onto thumped, but after a day of working on budgets I read 'car based bat monitoring' as 'cat based bat monitoring'

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • egg_
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back