anyone heard that bus driver ad on the radio? (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
"starting pay from just under 600 euro a week"

why are so many of them miserable pricks then??

i'm thinking of reconsidering my career

It works out at just over €31 grand a year which is well below the average wage for distribution, business services, industrial industries, the banking sector and the public service. Considering the shifts and the jip they get I don't think its a crazy amount of cash or anything.

Fuck it, I'm single, with little or no responsibilities am making more than that and am still totally broke this month.

It works out at just over €31 grand a year which is well below the average wage for distribution, business services, industrial industries, the banking sector and the public service. Considering the shifts and the jip they get I don't think its a crazy amount of cash or anything.

Fuck it, I'm single, with little or no responsibilities am making more than that and am still totally broke this month.
they get overtime & shift allowances too

I'd like to sign up just to do the bit where they teach bus drivers how to try their best to knock down cyclists. It might give me some insight as to how they tick and then I'd be one up on them.

But I bet they'd stick me on one of the tallaght routes. You'd need a suit of armour on them things, specially when you have to go upstairs and politely ask the scrotes down the back of the bus to please stop smoking.

That's starting out though innit.

I'd like to sign up just to do the bit where they teach bus drivers how to try their best to knock down cyclists.

RLY? They're not the worst. I've found them by and large to have a safe enough attitude towards cyclists, in that they acknowledge the existence thereof.

RLY? They're not the worst. I've found them by and large to have a safe enough attitude towards cyclists, in that they acknowledge the existence thereof.

you should go my route. They're brutal. Most of the way they have to share the bus lanes with cyclists, but I think they feel a bit put out by that and decide to take it out on us.

Then up there where you turn left after busarus up towards amiens st, they never leave room on the inside for bikes. Bastards. Then they decide at the last minute they want to turn left into busarus but don't indicate, but its still my fault when they nearly hit me.

In saying all that I've never been hit by a bus (touch wood), but have had several near misses, the most recent being yesterday morning when one pulled out from a bus stop when I was overtaking it. He forced me onto the opposite side of the road where there was oncoming traffic. Thankfully they saw me and twigged what was happening and managed to pull across and leave me room. When I passed the bus I looked at the driver to give him the evils, but the fucker was half asleep and hadn't a clue what had just happened.

A friend of mine recently got hit by a bus in rathmines.
He was ok. A few scrapes and bruises, but his brand new bike was a total write off.
The bus was totally at fault and loads of people saw.
They replaced his bike.

you should go my route. They're brutal. Most of the way they have to share the bus lanes with cyclists, but I think they feel a bit put out by that and decide to take it out on us.

Then up there where you turn left after busarus up towards amiens st, they never leave room on the inside for bikes. Bastards. Then they decide at the last minute they want to turn left into busarus but don't indicate, but its still my fault when they nearly hit me.

In saying all that I've never been hit by a bus (touch wood), but have had several near misses, the most recent being yesterday morning when one pulled out from a bus stop when I was overtaking it. He forced me onto the opposite side of the road where there was oncoming traffic. Thankfully they saw me and twigged what was happening and managed to pull across and leave me room. When I passed the bus I looked at the driver to give him the evils, but the fucker was half asleep and hadn't a clue what had just happened.

I do go that way.

That is a shitty corner, but it's a design flaw. I rarely have a problem with Dublin Bus buses there.

The money is shit, you usually end up working 60 hours with all the waiting around between routes and that. And you've guaranteed over time. Doesn't that strike anyone else as completely strange? They are continuously understaffed. I mean no wonder it's a shitty service.
And the nitelink fuck that. my brothers a bus driver and anytime a lady fell asleep on the bus on the nitelink he had to drive to the nearest garda station to wake her up, so once again there's loads more time wasted....

what is it with much of the service industry?.... They tend to be jobs that people neither wanted to have or had to work too hard to get (this sounds really fucking prickish but you know what I mean) and they usually end up being bitter.

In the UK the service sector accounts for almost 80% of employment... is that reflected in education? whay aren't service employers, especially in public sector divisions like bus drivers, better at helping their staff??

ugh

I thought this thread was about this guy.
062905_busdriver-739394.jpg

what is it with much of the service industry?.... They tend to be jobs that people neither wanted to have or had to work too hard to get (this sounds really fucking prickish but you know what I mean) and they usually end up being bitter.

In the UK the service sector accounts for almost 80% of employment... is that reflected in education? whay aren't service employers, especially in public sector divisions like bus drivers, better at helping their staff??

ugh

Bargaining power of customers is very high.
Race to the bottom.
They're pricks.
etc.

Bargaining power of customers is very high.
Race to the bottom.
They're pricks.
etc.

just wait till they remove the monopoly dublin bus has,then we`re for it.and as for bus drivers and cyclists ive always found them to be decent enough when it comes to watching out for cyclists.apart from the time bus on fleet street pulled out and creamed me,luckily i managed to jump off my bike as it went under the back wheel :eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back