Album Cover Iconography. (4 Viewers)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Hi Guys and Gals,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'd really like to know why Millie Jackson here (pictured below) is holding one of her shoes. What might it signify? Is there any other work, perhaps by one of her own contemporaries, that might explain this gesture? It isn't in my copy of 'Subjects and Symbols in Art', and I'm just curious.

At first, I was upset because now I can't call my album I Am Taking A Shite So Powerful and Stubborn That I Must Remove Footwear To Keep My Blood Vessels From Exploding, but now I'd just like to know.

Anyone who can be of any assistance, or who has any information on shoe removal during bowel evacuation, will be thanked publicly, at a location of my choosing, with a massive pile of my effluent.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jane

ETA: PS: Make that a bucket!

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/millie.jpg
millie.jpg

she was sprinting to the toilet cos the turtle was starting to peek out. wearing high heels, she stumbled on her right foot. she managed to grab the offending high heel and leap onto the loo in time to let rip a torrent of dung.
the end.

She looks like she's about to throw it at the photographer. Proper order too - it's bad enough when people phone you when you're on the toilet, let alone take pictures of you.

jane said:
I don't understand, either, Sadie. It's like a big mystery or something. Who will crack this creepy code?

hag knows a lot about pooing and shoes, hold on and i'll ask him.......

Well, Jane, I don't like to drag things to the level of distaste, no more than your good self. However, given that the shoe in question is in fact a spike heel, and considering too that the subject's underwear is all but removed entirely, I might hazard a guess. I'm reminded of a recent anecdote relayed by a good friend of mine in which she reminisced about a girl she once knew who bragged about having had sex (purely in practical terms) with a teapot. It was the spout, you understand. I can't help but draw a comparison between the spout in our story and the spike heel shown in the picture.

Now you, Jane, are no daw, and so I think you might be able to denote the true meaning of Millie's stance.

roxy said:
Well, Jane, I don't like to drag things to the level of distaste, no more than your good self. However, given that the shoe in question is in fact a spike heel, and considering too that the subject's underwear is all but removed entirely, I might hazard a guess. I'm reminded of a recent anecdote relayed by a good friend of mine in which she reminisced about a girl she once knew who bragged about having had sex (purely in practical terms) with a teapot. It was the spout, you understand. I can't help but draw a comparison between the spout in our story and the spike heel shown in the picture.

Now you, Jane, are no daw, and so I think you might be able to denote the true meaning of Millie's stance.
aaahhhh right. poo shoe sex. i think you've cracked it.
what she means is she's going back to her man who ain't no good. am i the only person around here who understands black people???

whatever the reason, she's sure as shit making a mess of that toilet - she's not even sitting on it right, so thar'd be crap dribbling all down the bowl.

but if I was to guess why the shoe is off, i reckon its cos she likes to feel the cold tiles on her right foot as she pinches out a slop.

avernus said:
whatever the reason, she's sure as shit making a mess of that toilet - she's not even sitting on it right, so thar'd be crap dribbling all down the bowl.

but if I was to guess why the shoe is off, i reckon its cos she likes to feel the cold tiles on her right foot as she pinches out a slop.
now there's a man using his noggin. personally, i don't think the original picture needed any context. probably belongs in bored in work and you're all still bored in work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back