77BoaDrum (1 Viewer)

bogmanfan

This was fucking awesome. Got to Brooklyn at around 4.00, to find a queue over a mile long waiting to get in. Apparently they never closed the RSVP on the website, so over 15,000 people RSVPd! And they were only letting 4000 in:eek:.
So, girlfriend and myself join the end of the queue, which only moves about half a block in 45 minutes. Getting seriously worried, I head up to the front gate, and find the press desk and manage to blag our way in with herself's old work ID card:)
Got in at 5.30. see 77 drum kits set up in the Park, which is a pretty impressive site. Sun is splitting the stones. The Brooklyn Bridge and teh Manhattan Bridge are towering above us. Find a nice spot to sit down and listen to the support acts.
Drummers take their places at around 6.45 and at 7.00 on 07/07/07, 77 drummers start pounding away and don't let up for over 90 minutes. The Boredoms are amped, the other 74 drummers weren't mic'd. EYE had a home-made looking instrument, which was made up of 6 guitar necks arranged like sign-posts which he hit with sticks, sending huge power chords out of the speakers. Sound was seriously loud (glad I had earplugs). Loads of people watching from up on the Brooklyn Bridge and according to reports, it could be heard across the river in Manhattan!!!
All in all, one of the most incredible events I have ever witnessed.
Apparently they're planning something for 08/08/08 and 09/09/09. I'll be there (whereever there is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back