Larsson going to United (1 Viewer)

Thats good stuff, we are a bit short on strikers and he is better than most of the ones we have at the mo!

Hmmm, i'm not sure what kind of an impact he'll have. I'm thinking about Keane at Celtic as an example. He has a month with no competitive football and then straight in to try and get used to the English game. And he's 35. I know he was ace in the Champions League Final and pretty handy in the World Cup but Shevchenko was brill last year and now he (apparantley) is that bit too old and slow for England and is to be shipped back to Milan.

Still, if United manage to overcome Benfica, he'll be a handy player to have for the rest of their (hopefully brief) CL campaign.

Anyway, I can't believe he didn't just go back to lovely Barca for a few months rather than experiencing pissing-rain Manchester with that mangy old puce-faced whinger Ferguson. Guess he wanted to prove himself in the Premiership....

But it's (to use a phrase i hate) horses for courses.
For example:

Albert Luque: great in spain, muck in england
Shevchenko: a god in italy, 3 goals in england
Forlan: golden boot in Spain, a joke in england

etc. etc.

Because he got about five minutes per game and that most likely on the wing. When Ruud was out injured, he had a run of scoring in seven straight games, and was promptly dropped for an unfit Rutger. It wasn't like he wasn't capable.

Because he got about five minutes per game and that most likely on the wing. When Ruud was out injured, he had a run of scoring in seven straight games, and was promptly dropped for an unfit Rutger. It wasn't like he wasn't capable.

well it did take him nearly 30 games to actually score, and in fairness, he started a good share of them up front

But it's (to use a phrase i hate) horses for courses.
For example:

Albert Luque: great in spain, muck in england
Shevchenko: a god in italy, 3 goals in england

etc. etc.

it does work both ways though! what about henry ?? owen, keane ? and especially bergkamp!

Internazionale
In the summer of 1993, Bergkamp and his Ajax team-mate Wim Jonk were signed by Internazionale of Milan. However, his time in Italy was less successful. Although he won a second UEFA Cup in 1994, he found it hard to adapt to the Italian defensive style of play, scoring just 11 times in 50 appearances. Bergkamp's poor form was not helped by his frosty relationship with the Italian press, and indeed some of his teammates. However, the fans did take to calling him "Beavis" due to his perceived resemblance to Beavis of Beavis and Butthead fame.

it does work both ways though! what about henry ?? owen, keane ? and especially bergkamp!

Bergkamp's poor form was not helped by his frosty relationship with the Italian press, and indeed some of his teammates. However, the fans did take to calling him "Beavis" due to his perceived resemblance to Beavis of Beavis and Butthead fame.

Beavis Bergkamp! Love it!

I agree completely that it works both ways.

Actually as regards Larsson, i don't know why i'm even doubting he'll do well. He could probably retire for a few years up in sweden, then come to the premiership and still do a job against the likes of wigan's matt jackon and fitz hall.

Gutted.
After 'Millergate' I cannot stand Man U (not that I was ever a fan).
I will always have fond memories of King Henrikk in the hoops but he's definitaly gone down a notch or two in me estimation. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back