Eirecore beginnings? (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
So when did Eirecore start, from clicking the last page on previous below it goes to 2002 but there's no welcome to eirecore type announcement? What came before? I'm particularly looking for any reference of the tour de France punk fest in 98 but that was possibly pre internet forums?

So when did Eirecore start, from clicking the last page on previous below it goes to 2002 but there's no welcome to eirecore type announcement? What came before? I'm particularly looking for any reference of the tour de France punk fest in 98 but that was possibly pre internet forums?
weeler was originally running it on some shared forum site for a while - proboards or something? - and i offered to host it here instead

that was the punk festival in July 1998 in New Ross? on that Sunday the second stage of the TdF from Enniscorthy to Cork went down the quay in New Ross?
I remember that fest was very well promoted but I wasn't at it.

Weeler - is he still a journalist in London? by the time I remember him about 20 odd years ago he was into rap and I couldn't understand why he posted on Eirecore when he seemed to have little or no interest in punk but eventually he mentioned he had started the forum...

that was the punk festival in July 1998 in New Ross? on that Sunday the second stage of the TdF from Enniscorthy to Cork went down the quay in New Ross?
I remember that fest was very well promoted but I wasn't at it.

Weeler - is he still a journalist in London? by the time I remember him about 20 odd years ago he was into rap and I couldn't understand why he posted on Eirecore when he seemed to have little or no interest in punk but eventually he mentioned he had started the forum...
yep, still in the auld journalism

It was started just after Jamie shut down Culchiecore. So maybe summer of 2001 by my recollection, on some form of free bbs system that was awful. Migrated to Thumped in 2002 I think after a chat with Pete.

If I was ever into rap music it must have been a short-lived fad, but fair enough. I am some sort of journalist in London, correct.

It was started just after Jamie shut down Culchiecore. So maybe summer of 2001 by my recollection, on some form of free bbs system that was awful. Migrated to Thumped in 2002 I think after a chat with Pete.

If I was ever into rap music it must have been a short-lived fad, but fair enough. I am some sort of journalist in London, correct.
I like hip hop anyway.
here's a classic thread of Janer trying purge non punk music from Eirecore, this wasn't the only thread he started on this. he may have overstated weeler's interest in hip hop.
another classic 2000's moment on Eirecore was getting the Grand Belial's Key gig cancelled at the Lower Deck

I think I handed over control of Eirecore by 2005. I still see at least one other former poster from here every week and speak to lots of other people from those days on the reg.

I like to read the On/Off thread every few years, that was the cultural high point.

I think I handed over control of Eirecore by 2005. I still see at least one other former poster from here every week and speak to lots of other people from those days on the reg.

I like to read the On/Off thread every few years, that was the cultural high point.
On/off are still going. Gigging away in America and releasing records. I raised an eyebrow when I saw that on Instagram I tell you.

It went to Gambra and then myself before it died and been hanging around for prosperity ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back