Cancelled (4 Viewers)

the poor crathur..

''The executive received a total pay package of £10.03 million (€11.7 million) for 2022, according to BP’s annual report. That included a base salary of £1.27 million, an annual bonus of £2.37 million paid in cash and shares, and a long-term share award worth £6.01 million for performance over the past three years.''

lowdown durty irish shagger
Giving all that high-flying British corporate totty the bit of Kerry farmboy rough they never got in Oxbridge

(ETA - people in positions of authority should not have sexual relationships with others at work, it is problematic and contributes to patriarchal norms and enduring inequality)

(ETA - people in positions of authority should not have sexual relationships with others at work, it is problematic and contributes to patriarchal norms and enduring inequality)

Unless it's a sexual assault, which it might be in this case and they are trying to make it go away, two consenting adults can do what they like. If it is a consenting interaction both parties are aware of the power dynamics and it actually has a role in the relationship.

I'm sub quoting Germaine Greer for the record.

i think in our place, workplace liaisons are allowed as long as it's not two people within the same reporting line. though the head of HR once got a dressing down from the CEO for breaking that rule.

I was more looking at it from a point that people have gone so far down the twitter wormhole they are writing poems and making fancy graphics about people they don't like on twitter. I've a vague memory of Owen Jones being annoying but like, jesis, what kinda living is that really.

that graphic is of boyne himself, by the looks of it. he tweeted it himself; when i first saw it i wondered had it been some fanboi who had created that image.

Unless it's a sexual assault, which it might be in this case and they are trying to make it go away, two consenting adults can do what they like. If it is a consenting interaction both parties are aware of the power dynamics and it actually has a role in the relationship.

I'm sub quoting Germaine Greer for the record.
It's absolutely not sexual assault - that's a matter for the police

He'd been riding in the company and was asked to account for it - it's not cool. Companies want nothing to do with it for many reasons.
But his disclosure was found to be lacking in all the riding that had took place, (you'd have to guess married women) so they got him on that

Subtext here is that he was gonna lead BP to be a renewables leader or whatever. Not everyone at the company was happy about that. Reading between the lines it's not hard to imagine a whisper campaign being mounted over his woke renewables bullshit within a bastion of burn-carbon-burn.

You can't tell Big Oil you're going green.
They will get you on something. If it has to be riding, that will do.

I think the first and last paragraph here should be read together

1694629869127.png

It's absolutely not sexual assault - that's a matter for the police

He'd been riding in the company and was asked to account for it - it's not cool. Companies want nothing to do with it for many reasons.
But his disclosure was found to be lacking in all the riding that had took place, (you'd have to guess married women) so they got him on that

Subtext here is that he was gonna lead BP to be a renewables leader or whatever. Not everyone at the company was happy about that. Reading between the lines it's not hard to imagine a whisper campaign being mounted over his woke renewables bullshit within a bastion of burn-carbon-burn.

You can't tell Big Oil you're going green.
They will get you on something. If it has to be riding, that will do.

I think the first and last paragraph here should be read together

View attachment 17632

If he rid the boss of BP's wife in consensual exchange while decarbonising the company I don't know what he's doing in the cancelled thread at all.

Bosses shouldn't be sleeping with interns
No one with power over your career should have any expectation whatsoever of a sexual relationship with you
There's nothing illegal about it, but it's well off

That said, riding is great. And if two people want to get something out of their system, then have at it. No harm no foul.

But as with most things, the pricks will ruin it for everyone else

Last edited:
Richard Ayoade has complimented Glinner for his writing skills.
He is now, of course cancelled.

Interestingly Matt Berry went out of his way to be disassociated with Glinner.

It's all very tiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back