Cops and people of colour (3 Viewers)

there's a good doco about the black panthers on bbc iplayer

The Black Panthers, 2015-2016, Storyville - BBC Four

mad shit

Give the below a read if you get a chance, there's some crazy stuff in there
220px-Agents_of_Repression.jpg

How Racist is Too Racist?

Test yourself on constitutionally acceptable racism!

I got a 4.

Man with reading age of nine-year-old to be executed in Georgia tonight

In their filing with the Supreme Court, Fults’ lawyers argue his death sentence is unconstitutional because one of the jurors who imposed it was motivated by racial prejudice...“Once he pled guilty, I knew I would vote for the death penalty because that’s what that (N-word) deserved,” Buffington said, according to the signed, 12 April, 2005 affidavit in the court record.

Nice one. The time for the US to join the modern world and abolish the death penalty is well overdue.

I still find it nuts that judges and sheriffs are directly elected
Me too.

I just ask my mate who's Dad came from the Liberties who to vote for. He's all up in that Boston politics.
"O'Brien is a St Mark's parish guy but he's solid union, used to be carpenter. He's a good pick for councillor"
Politics here are wicked local, people still identify with their parish and union local hall.

This guy has signs everywhere all the time.

SpYH01XOk-qwO9hXo_6wmK2vW6MHkuzWRlr5dxsAtDy5WQpcR0OGZekUE36mCNtUzNfYDzzJCKUxw5Ls6QyEss_ybYzGm2qSJR4E7Yws_PSslQroMD_e-eombf0rxubg5jG2dGUW1eXDNEHNYdMY0iwNa_E6B20jAljG7f6hkv3t-LJCuuzJpyFPvW3TIO5CHpPW72WpZ8-PO-CTc-CECKRAXTzVmNf4o4FgroVPAxDOVQFl4jLjKn_5yDOGCUWp3Pyh7DRqEmn_sAXp_N0BOVkTqW5GYtAlAchx20w9CX5UQiSTfnsKPlsT1WGHQILV_GWeDprImall4djnkhDXNTQWSMRJkgE80HpwdgFFz-k8GUg8v7gcTzI5q3Nmvofv-YC-PB5Rb6wVEaXzwdqLHEsYODPz-E3e9Vato_VyVcHpJJwwPxCByVd_uctRxsA8XS7x2fVuH6QTYbYw_B_BpwqbKgEUJ6HFt23mtpRqYTGeFcwdPAI0nJfYJ3cUQEOUaBrH4i7-vWIaTFkqawlbXtXpXdo0YJwxvpU6wvy1Lrr1dx0WWN5SCS9-7iL2_DrMnrwYsZYVkLHY_HbsJOJsV2Pq6iqgOBE=w1413-h796-no

No idea how it is out in the suburbs and outside of MA.

It's great to have politics that is so local but when it comes to punishment there's gotta be a better way. Our system isn't great either - the government of the day elects judges as they see fit (to the highest courts anyway, not sure how it works at district level), that should really be changed. There was some mention of it on RTE yesterday with regard to the new programme for government, must have a look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back