The Wave Pictures (1 Viewer)

theres some footage of them on youtube playing at this festival in derbyshire called Indietracks, which appears to be a festival devoted to indiepop. this years one has just been on but im deffo going to try and go next year. imagine, an indiepop festival. where awkward blokes in glasses are the dominant species.

Get some elastic ties for your glasses - an English GBV tribute band will probably show up and it'll get nasty.

Edwyn Collins = dark brown, marbles-in-mouth, Scottish drawl
Wave Pictures = high-pitched, middle-of-England whine

I don't see the similarity at all! I mean, maybe there's a tip of the hat to Orange Juice, but only just.

Edwyn Collins = dark brown, marbles-in-mouth, Scottish drawl
Wave Pictures = high-pitched, middle-of-England whine

I don't see the similarity at all! I mean, maybe there's a tip of the hat to Orange Juice, but only just.

listen harder.

It's not Edwin on all the songs. Just bits, especially on I Love You Like a Madman.
There's a bit of Morrissey in there too, especially on Strange Fruit for David, but that's more about the verse melody which is very, very Hatful of Hollow-esque.
Anyway, there's something very familiar about his voice but I like it.

wave.jpg

wavingman1.jpg

The song Come On Daniel sounds like it has backing vocals from Electrelane wimmin. I read that it was recorded in Berlin. Electrelane moved to Berlin. I wonder if it's her/them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back