You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

Haven't you spent a lot of time in the US? Might explain it.

km is easy in a car - if you're on country roads a km means around a minute driving, if you're on motorways 2km is a minute.

Easy when you're walking too - 1km is around 15 mins

I have

I guess I just never made the mental switch
And I've never owned a car new enough with KMs as its only dial

I just understand lbs better for weight

Obviosuly there is no objectively better system
Just whatever suits you

:p

Slow down you pup!

In fairness I'm rarely actually driving at 60 km/h, but with slowing down for villages/tractors/etc my average is usually not far above it
On the motorway, I hit a straight 60mph and then I know how many hours it will take

Of course thi all goes to shit once you hit Limerick, but fun while it lasts

I have to drive through Meath too often and those muck savages haven’t a clue how to drive, what a roundabout is, or how indicators should be used, consistently drive at 60% of the speed limit, won’t overtake someone driving at 60% of the speed limit, drive too close to someone doing 60% of the speed limit so nobody else can overtake, or know who has right of way at a pedestrian crossing. Among other issues.

drove out to the house today - involved getting on the M50 at blanch, and leaving at ballymun, and then the return trip. the number of instances of idiot driving was eye watering, just in that 12km or so.

I have to drive through Meath too often and those muck savages haven’t a clue how to drive, what a roundabout is, or how indicators should be used, consistently drive at 60% of the speed limit, won’t overtake someone driving at 60% of the speed limit, drive too close to someone doing 60% of the speed limit so nobody else can overtake, or know who has right of way at a pedestrian crossing. Among other issues.
Happened again tonight - some clown in a Golf doing 47-58kph on a 100kph road. I know it's a limit, not a target, but that's just taking the piss.

Happened again tonight - some clown in a Golf doing 47-58kph on a 100kph road. I know it's a limit, not a target, but that's just taking the piss.

You say it was one clown, but quite likely he couldn't go any faster because of the weight of the other clowns that you didn't see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back