Who would rehearse here? (1 Viewer)

Crowbar0

I'm in the process of planning a rehearsal studios facility somewhere in Dublin.
Premises isnt finalised yet as I'm looking for something quite specific.

I just want to try and get an idea what kind of interest there would be in such a venture.

There would be 3 or 4 spacious rooms which will all be about 165 sq. feet each, fully soundproofed, air conditioned, and kitted out with good quality gear and PA system. Equipment such as snares, cymbals etc will be available to rent if needed.
There will also be a kitchen room with free tea/coffee etc.

The cost would be around €60 for a 5hr session, and there will be day and night sessions.

Storage for equipment will also be available.

If three bands want to get together and hire a room on a permanent basis between them then that can be arranged, and would cost about €1200 per room per month. (€400 per band, roughly €100 per band member per month).

If people would be interested in this and would rehearse there could they post up their interest here, (and not just think "yeah, we'd be interested in that" but not post it up!) ;) because I'd like to get an idea of numbers and firm interest etc.

Thanks, Barry.

Crowbar0 said:
(€400 per band, roughly €100 per band member per month).

dont mean to shit on yer thread but that is fucked

we are nearly finished working out the details of our space and it will cost lower than 50 each band member per month

there is nothing stopping other bands from doing this

60 per 5 hour session is a ripoff, whether its you or temple bar music center or wherever

Where is your space, and what size is it? Is it soundproofed? Does it have secure storage for all the equipment? Is it air conditioned? What hours of access to it are there?
How many bands are sharing the space?

Most bands I know consider 5 hours too long,Practice spaces are all expensive in dublin,so I'll not comment on the price,but most people have to factor in jobs and/or college etc and 5 hours just doesnt suit,even if they wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back