wheres the best place to go whistling ? (1 Viewer)

clive

wheres the best place to go whistling in Dublin ? or the surrounding areas ? Naul ? I dont want to go too far.

dunno george, i'm at a loose end this weekend, i can do a few different types allright. I was thinking probably regular tradesman type whistling ?

I'm more of a hummer myself.

But I've heard people whistling on Thomas St... usually followed by a shout of "Hey Stupah! D'ya Not Hear Me Callin' Ya!"

For some reason it's acceptable to whistle in public but not sing. I can only assume that it's something to do with oppressing women, but it seems unfair?

For some reason it's acceptable to whistle in public but not sing. I can only assume that it's something to do with oppressing women, but it seems unfair?

Sadly sometimes my brain doesn't register that I am singing in public until I realise that people are looking at me funny. It's very upsetting.

I can whistle better than Roger Whittaker.

roger.jpg

I :heart: :heart: Roger.

Sadly sometimes my brain doesn't register that I am singing in public until I realise that people are looking at me funny. It's very upsetting.

That's not right Squiggle.
I have seen those people, and it's not right.

I was sitting on the subway, over from this hot chick, and she was doing all these silent facial expressions and talking (noiselessly) while she was sitting there.
And, I noticed that it was in a loop. And then I noticed that she was consulting a book every now and again, and then I realised she was an actor learning a part...

But... like, the fucking state of her... the whole car was watching her, horriffied.

Also all those people with the fucking hands free phones, swinging their arms around like mentalers, shouting and laughing at no one, until you see they are on the phone...
It's just not right.

I can whistle better than Roger Whittaker.

roger.jpg

I :heart: :heart: Roger.

:heart: -ily seconded. Amazing whistler and not a bad singer either

Also all those people with the fucking hands free phones, swinging their arms around like mentalers, shouting and laughing at no one, until you see they are on the phone...
It's just not right.

Yeah... but it's only when I'm happy, and it's more kinda humming to myself with occasional breaking into quiet song. Ok... yes, so I'm probably insane.

Those people with hands free phones are terrifying. That said, a lot of people act like complete ejits when they are using mobile phones in public. It's like they think nobody else can hear them!

I was sitting on the subway, over from this hot chick, and she was doing all these silent facial expressions and talking (noiselessly) while she was sitting there.
And, I noticed that it was in a loop. And then I noticed that she was consulting a book every now and again, and then I realised she was an actor learning a part...

But... like, the fucking state of her... the whole car was watching her, horriffied.

It's just not right.

there was this lady i used to see on the dart all the time a few years ago and she had a really bad tick thing going on. she's sit there doing all these mad hand gestures and yelping and shouting etc and several times she sat on the seat directly opposite me and it was all i could do not to burst myself laughing and guffawing out loud. i wasnt amused by her misfortune to have such a condition it was more the thought of how inappropriate it would be to laugh at her that was making me want to laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back