What's the difference in..... (1 Viewer)

Do you mean unrated as in the way most music vids/dvds are unrated? I think there's supposed to be some kind of exemption (from getting a PG, or 15's or whatever) for 'artisitic' crap like music videos. Which is funny when you consider yr average Shitney/Aguilera effort.

Eh no I don't think so, I was looking at Amazon and they have two versions of some films an unrated and a normal, they come in different packaging. It doesn't seen be mean Xrated as I seen a rom-com with the same thing!?:confused:

There’s few ways to get an unrated certificate in the US. They have to be rated here and in the UK I think.

(i)A film gets a rating before its release, if subsequent versions contain additional footage, whether it be adult in nature or not, it is classified as unrated. (ie. Directors cut)

(ii)Some films like bully, for example, get cut in order to get an R rated version (as apposed to an NC17), which was the theatrical release. This version was released on DVD along with unrated version, which has different packaging. (ie Uncut Version)

(iii)Distributor didn’t bother getting it rated (costs money). Old films, foreign films etc. where they didnt get a theatrical release.

Originally posted by sparse
rated and unrated when talking about dvd's or videos?

think's there 3 types of rating in US
PG
R
NC17 [formerly X]

Most directors try and avoid the last one cos most cinemas will not show NC17 movies.
Alternatively a film can be released "Unrated" and certain theatres will take it. Kids was unrated in the US

don't think you can do the same this side of world.

what chibi said - documentaries/sports/old movies can be exempt from classification on this side of the world. Denoted by an E

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back