What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Flukt
Norwegian medieval badass girl movie

Better than decent

8c1224281cb963b1b5b269ee856fa63e0df396ad.jpg

The baddie chick is awesome

1382812813_22_full.jpg

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Was really really looking forward to this and I was slightly disappointed. The human characters were so generic they might as well have worn t-shirts saying "brave everyman", "supportive wife" and "sensitive teen". The apes were all great though. Also, it took a while to get going but when it did it was pretty good. It does contain my favourite image of the year

Koba on horseback firing two machine guns simultaneously into a crowd of puny humans

I also have to say that my enjoyment of this was spoiled somewhat by a constant flickering on the screen which they failed to fix and which I'll discuss over in the cinemagoing thread.
Its scoring 8.4 on IMDB ..which means its great!

I'm super looking forward to it

Proxy. Psychological thriller in the mould of Polanski or Aronofski. The opening scene is one of the most WTF moments I've seen in a long time, and I thought I was completely desensitised to onscreen violence

Mistaken For Strangers. Documentary about The National, or more accurately, a documentary about the lead singer from The National and his relationship with his fat, lazy, incompetent, metal head brother. I'm indifferent to the band but this is funny stuff.

This was entertaining and I loved the soundtrack/score.

Sonatine (1993) "Several yakuza from Tokyo are sent to Okinawa to help end a gang war. The war escalates and the Tokyo drifters decide to lay low at the beach."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Was really really looking forward to this and I was slightly disappointed. The human characters were so generic they might as well have worn t-shirts saying "brave everyman", "supportive wife" and "sensitive teen". The apes were all great though. Also, it took a while to get going but when it did it was pretty good. It does contain my favourite image of the year

Koba on horseback firing two machine guns simultaneously into a crowd of puny humans

I also have to say that my enjoyment of this was spoiled somewhat by a constant flickering on the screen which they failed to fix and which I'll discuss over in the cinemagoing thread.
The more I think about this film the more I love it. One of the best of the year so far. And Koba was played by the brother from Dead Man's Shoes! I love that guy.

Toby Kebbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The more I think about this film the more I love it. One of the best of the year so far. And Koba was played by the brother from Dead Man's Shoes! I love that guy.

Toby Kebbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's usually good value - great in RocknRolla and that Black Mirror episode that might be the best one they did.
And he had a nice menacing turn in The Counselor. A movie which I enjoyed the fuck out of on second viewing.
I hated it and now think it's brilliant.

He's usually good value - great in RocknRolla and that Black Mirror episode that might be the best one they did.
And he had a nice menacing turn in The Counselor. A movie which I enjoyed the fuck out of on second viewing.
I hated it and now think it's brilliant.
He’s definitely got the old charisma.

I enjoyed The Counselor a lot. Couldn’t help thinking I was watching a different film to the one that everyone else was saying was shite. It has two of the best death scenes of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back