What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Three Days Of The Condor - deadly, let down only by the quickest case of stockholm syndrome ever

Juno - most impressive.

Page's character was irritating as hell for the first five minutes where her and her friend spouted nonsense advertising and MTV slogans at each other ("fo' shizz" etc)

aye, the script was pretty rough at first, but it definitely eased up after the 1st 20 minutes.

the soundtrack.

hmmm.
some of the tunes were ok, but the kimya dawson stuff was appalling, and almost ruined the movie for me. that woman should be silenced. ugh, still makes me shudder

I was more thinking the stuff like The Kinks, Velvet Underground, Buddy Holly, Sonic Youth etc etc. Kimya Dawson (and Antsy Pants too) are alright.. I have their album off Plan-It-X here, nothing major going on.

Three Days Of The Condor - deadly, let down only by the quickest case of stockholm syndrome ever

I know.

That weirded me out. He barely had the gun lowered before they were getting busy.

What was the crack with that?
Was that a "Jaysis lads, great film yis have there, but we do *need* we needa bitta lovin action, is there absolutely nothin you can do for us? If there is any way at all you can get some nookie on, I'll get your funding" deal I wonder?

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

"Mr. Cox needs to think about his whole life before he goes on stage"
Classic line.

Way more juvenile than the other Apatow films but still very funny in a Naked Gun kind of way.

I downloaded a torrent of that and when I opened it found that I needed to download some presumably riddled with spyware app to unlock the rar file so I didn't bother. I guess I can hardly complain that my attempts to subvert copywrite were foiled.

Going watching this now after buying this today:

if.jpg

i love that film for little or no descernable reason.

Pan's Labywrinth. Nice.

Yesterday and today:

The Gift - Pretty decent. Subtle enough for a modern mainstream horror movie, apart from a few stupid parts; zany fiddler, dead katie holmes hallucinations etc. Good acting from all involved.

Charles Mingus: Triumph of the Underdog - Interesting enough, felt kinda insubstantial though. Not enough about his childhood or musical background, but I suppose that wasn't the aim of the film. I should probably just read a biography. Footage of him playing with Eric Dolphy was a highlight.

Fingered - Pretty trashy and pointless, but gets 10/10 for almost constantly naked Lydia Lunch. Richard Kern is a hack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back