What band did you see last night? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 11
I saw "Home Brew and The Bad Examples" in Skelly's of Ballymahon last night. It was interrupted by impassioned speeches by local Fine Gael councillors. Good fun.

we-hey, i finally got to see the boredoms last night. they were tremendous. they had the stage set up in the middle of the floor (of the filmore) with the three drum kits, multi-necked guitar thing etc. one of the best gigs i've ever seen

saw the wooden shjips again over the weekend. they are at the top of their game as far as i can see. absolutely excellent. they're playing atp soon aren't they? you're in for a real treat whosever going to that

Nick Cave at Dublin Castle

Amazing. that was my first time seeing him. great front man- very funny, which I wasn't expecting

Shane McGowan came on and did an impression of a street drunk howling incoherently over some song.

Someone up front did something to piss Nick off- anyone know what that was?

I saw Lou Reed and Cat Power in Memphis.
Both were excellent and here's a thing...
Day tickets for the event worked out at about 15 Euro!

Nick Cave at Dublin Castle

Amazing. that was my first time seeing him. great front man- very funny, which I wasn't expecting

Shane McGowan came on and did an impression of a street drunk howling incoherently over some song.

Someone up front did something to piss Nick off- anyone know what that was?

Yeah, Nick cave was deadly wasn't he? Pity about Shane - more of a 'lifetime achievement' clap than a 'best actor' clap. Jaysus I couldn't make out what he was singing / saying at all.

l_e0b324b8f3557ea453fb6f7a66f04bf8.jpg

Missed Grinding halt and Putrafaction 'cos I had to go:mad: was deadly up to that point mind.

grind_paid_web.jpg

Just down for saturday night of this, Insuiciety and Mongolia were so good

I saw Lou Reed and Cat Power in Memphis.
by barrypeak

was that a lou reed plays berlin show job? if so, did he play much vu stuff? thinking of buying a ticket for him in june over here. damn expensive though

I thought it was pretty good actually
Percussion sounded deadly and that bass player's fairly deadly.

other people I spoke to there enjoyed it. For me it just didn't tally with what I'd expected. And I thought the first song was terrible which, I think just put me off for the rest of the gig. 2080 was truly cringeable, particularly when he was trying the higher pitched bits. A handful of songs were passable but my cynicism was through the roof by then.

Great support act though.

Anyway, yeah, enough about it.

other people I spoke to there enjoyed it. For me it just didn't tally with what I'd expected. And I thought the first song was terrible which, I think just put me off for the rest of the gig. 2080 was truly cringeable, particularly when he was trying the higher pitched bits. A handful of songs were passable but my cynicism was through the roof by then.

Great support act though.

Anyway, yeah, enough about it.

I wondered why there had been no mention of this gig. Right, it was bad? Woulda liked to see them but I had a big barbeque instead and didn't bother. I saw them live on an internets video before - singing didn't seem too bad. But the fashion sense is weird. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I'm fascinated by bizarrely new-agey it is. Their album is patchy tho.

Who supported by the way?

I had no idea who you were talking about, so I looked up 2080. That band were easily the worst thing I saw at ATP. My mate hit the nail on the head, the band were fronted by larry the lamb.

I mean ban this sick filth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back