What are your old (compilation) reliables? (1 Viewer)

quasiquasi

I just stopped myself closing yet another compilation with Albert Ayler's "Our Prayer". I seem to have put a Bob Dylan song on every compilation I've ever made. I've used every song off On the Beach at some point. >1:30 gaps usually get filled by GBV. This isn't intentional - some music is just very good at filling gaps...or does everybody else have an imagination?

quasiquasi said:
I just stopped myself closing yet another compilation with Albert Ayler's "Our Prayer". I seem to have put a Bob Dylan song on every compilation I've ever made. I've used every song off On the Beach at some point. >1:30 gaps usually get filled by GBV. This isn't intentional - some music is just very good at filling gaps...or does everybody else have an imagination?

"an poc ar buile" by sean o se is a good one. i'll always put on a track by roy harper, john mccormack and something richard youngs related.

i might make one... anybody want it?

Miss Piggy said:
"an poc ar buile" by sean o se is a good one. i'll always put on a track by roy harper, john mccormack and something richard youngs related.

always go for the john mccormack meself. usually "the garden where the praties grow".

respect.

das nugs said:
always go for the john mccormack meself. usually "the garden where the praties grow".

respect.

cool! that was the first of his songs i heard when i was a kid. have you got him singing "mighty like a rose"? thats a cracker.

Miss Piggy said:
cool! that was the first of his songs i heard when i was a kid. have you got him singing "mighty like a rose"? thats a cracker.

no.

i only have what i robbed off me ma.:eek:

i'll seek it out!

I love John McCormack's stuff. Introduced to me, by Das Nugs :) . Was listening to Kathleen Mauvorneen and Macushla earlier. Now whar's me toothpick?

The song I've used most in a compo has been Assagai's African take on Hey Jude. It is available for download on this page.

Miss Piggy said:

Sounds good.

The weekends (Sat / Sun) are not good for posting new cdrs on the compilation club thread as no one seems to read it and it falls off the front page.

i always like to include a bit of le tigre and a bit of chicks on speed..and an indie rock cover..i think the last one was the pavement version of 'killing moon'...and i will always always always include at least one forgotten but classic pop gem..the last one i made had both 'mmm bop' and 'jump' by kriss kross on it..and i dont put them on to be ironic or deadly..just cos i genuinely loved them and thought they were rad when i was a young 'un..

The Scientician said:
The song I've used most in a compo has been Assagai's African take on Hey Jude. It is available for download on this page.

Yep, that's a good one. I think there's a cool Indian version of Dancing Queen there as well (and 363 other gems, of course)...

'six' - nerdlinger, 'come see about me' - diana ross & the supremes, 'another girl another planet' - the only ones, something by the saw doctors, some planxty and for filling space at the end something from 'the life of brian' soundtrack.

nlgbbbblth said:
Wire - Field Day For The Sundays
Half Man Half Biscuit - Vatican Broadside

are dead handy

The Live/Dead version of The Grateful Dead's Dark Star was one I used put on loads of compilation tapes back in the day. Time to resurrect that one I think.

Is the Half Man Half Biscuit track the one that goes "Whoooo the fucking hell are slipknot?????"? I think someone gave me a copy of one of your compilations, cos it had that track on it. It was excellent. .|..|

The Scientician said:
Is the Half Man Half Biscuit track the one that goes "Whoooo the fucking hell are slipknot?????"? I think someone gave me a copy of one of your compilations, cos it had that track on it. It was excellent. .|..|

Yes, that's the one.

There's also a great Peel session version of their cover of Song To The Siren which then segues into Vatican Broadside.

I always put Funeral Fog by Mayhem on any compilation I make and A Pack of Wolves by Black Eyes

I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

Dominated Love Slave - Green Day [Yeah... So?!]

Set Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - Pink Floyd[ if it's something romantic...]

Wheeler's gave me an awesome mix CD at the last Mor Fest ,that opened with this bizarre duo singing a song which could be [but obviously isn't] liam lynch doing one of his fake songs. The opening line is "I've done drugs... that'd blow your mind tonight..." It is the single most awesomely funny singalong song ever. I have NO idea who it was and I never thought to ask him... OI! Wheels... Story? I made loads of people compilations just so I could hand out this track! The rest was full on filler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back