Waterford Whispers (2 Viewers)

Can't fault her for that but one minute she's drowning in negative equity then the next she's off to college in the US? I suspect her situation may not have been as desperate as she first painted it.
link
"IT WAS because of him that I was the hit of my primary school in March each year. Everyone wanted to attend my birthday party because they knew it would involve a private screening of a film in the Savoy cinema on O'Connell Street, sometimes even before the film was on general release here in Ireland. And then there was the vast amount of buttery popcorn and large cokes supplied on the day to go with the movie.
I am talking about my grandfather, Leo Ward, of the Ward Anderson group. Ward Anderson operates more than half of all the cinema screens in Ireland with 36 cinemas and 220 screens, the largest cinema chain in Ireland."

te rise of right wing Christianity doesn't really appeal

hey, don't knock it til you've tried it

hqdefault.jpg

its a double-edged sword innit. You get your own place you don't have to worry about pricky landlords anymore. But you have to worry about the wanky bankin pricks taking their pound of flesh from you every month.
I never had ambitions to buy a house until recently. I'm fed up expecting a landlord to look after the house (which he doesn't) and I'm not paying any more towards its upkeep when I will have to leave some time soon. So I would love to have my own place and not be answerable to anyone. fuck the landlords, the neighbours, the "management companies", housing committees..all that shit.

I have to start buying scratch cards

I have an American passport but the thought of living there working any sort of 9-5 job there fills me with the dread. I work day to day with people in America and the work ethic, work /life balance is just not for me.

Also the militarised police and te rise of right wing Christianity doesn't really appeal

Yeah but guns!

Also the militarised police and te rise of right wing Christianity doesn't really appeal

Neither of which would affect you whatsoever.

I say drive that classic mini onto a 747 and go get em cowboy!

No way! What was the name of the band? And are you from Tullamore as well? Aye, he's dead on. Bumped in to him last time he was home.
I fell in with the Tullamore crowd when I moved to Dublin. It's all their fault.
The band was called Stress (my first hotmail address contained the band name--and it still lingers in my username here) and Mark played on the 1st demo and the first couple of gigs. He was the only guy in the band who could actually play.

My big sister has always said that 'friends' had a huge amount to answer for in terms of exporting apartments made of glass and going for coffee as a thing to do in your life. Of course think tanks would have been looking at young Americans who can afford to do fuck all else as a target for the show. Negative equity isn't the end of the world. You probably should never spend more than you can afford on somewhere you only plan to live for for five years. Renting is a lot like negative equity anyways, except it's easier to move around.

My big sister has always said that 'friends' had a huge amount to answer for in terms of exporting apartments made of glass and going for coffee as a thing to do in your life.
I remember thinking last time I lived in Dublin how everyone was mad for having balconies and barbecues and convertibles.
It still rained just as often as far as I could tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back