using minidisc mics w/computer (1 Viewer)

outoftheblue

Website
Visit site
hey, just quick and possibly silly question:

i have a wee Sony microphone (an Electret Condenser Mic) which I got with a (Sony) minidisc. I was wondering whether there might be any obvious problems using this to record directly to my computer (into Vegas): there seems to be no, or virtually no, sound capture when I do this, with all the levels at their maximum.

outoftheblue said:
hey, just quick and possibly silly question:

i have a wee Sony microphone (an Electret Condenser Mic) which I got with a (Sony) minidisc. I was wondering whether there might be any obvious problems using this to record directly to my computer (into Vegas): there seems to be no, or virtually no, sound capture when I do this, with all the levels at their maximum.

Maybe you've already done this, but just in case: Make sure you have it plugged into the right socket on the PC, then bring up the Volume Control (usually under Accessories \ Entertainment on the start menu for some reason.. of course a volume control is entertaining) then go to the Options menu and pick Properties -> Recording. Check that the 'mic' option is picked and the volume is up. If that doesn't work.. I dunno, check the batteries on the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back