Up (1 Viewer)

It is good of Pixar to let the entire world know about how considerate they are, and not in any way exploitative of a dying child.

Who needs expensive advertising campaigns when dead children come free, right?

It is good of Pixar to let the entire world know about how considerate they are, and not in any way exploitative of a dying child.

Who needs expensive advertising campaigns when dead children come free, right?

Did you read the article? They refused to comment on the situation. I don't think pixar are ever short of advertising to be fair.

I did read the article, and I hope I am wrong. Maybe I am.

But this hit the press days after the kid died. If my child dies, I don't really think I would be up to talking to the press extolling Pixar within the week.
If Pixar would like to do good things for the sake of doing good things they could ask those involved to not mention it.

Do you honestly think Pixar the type of company that needs any help in selling a film to an already sold public? And exploiting a child's death at that?

What occurred was a very sweet gesture of which they declined to comment out of respect I presume.

Its not as if the story was shat out into mass media but what appears to be a local news source for Orange County (not "the entire world").

Do you honestly think they need to sell more tickets in Orange County or something?

I'm sorry, I had no idea that Pixar corp. had joined Apple corp. in the ranks of corporations that you are not in any way allowed question any motive of anything they do.

Listen, Pixar might be a lovely company. But the fact of the matter is there are some cunts in advertising. And those cunts are deeply in love with massively pervasive free AKA viral marketing. I have seen this article pinging up all over the Web for the last while.

Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Edit. Gazzy will be VP.

agree gaz
and flashback and 7
there was no need for it to be in the news at all. the details of the grotesque stomach distension and extreme bodily wasting wasn't particularly necessary, either ("At the time of her death, her stomach was about 94 inches around, swollen with fluids the cancer wouldn’t let her body properly digest. The rest of her body probably weighed about 45 pounds, family friend Carole Lynch said")

I saw this story the other night,knew at first glance it was a fit up.
While it may be true that the undoubtedly altruistic burghers at Pixar were doing the young wan a solid(and fair fucks to them) it is also unquestionably true that the story was promoted in some shape or other by said burghers P.R. minions.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has a waterproof back,its a duck.

but i agree with gaz, and vinnie agrees with both me and flashback, whereas ian is diametrically opposed to gaz, flashback, myself and therefore vinnie, except where vinnie disagrees with gaz (and agrees with ian)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back