Ungdomshuset Evicted (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 359
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 15
What's the story with this group in Copenhagen? Is it going to be the danish equivalent of NEFAC with all the disillusioned ex punks and black blocers setting up a platformist group?

Aren't you doing the same with the Germans? Or have you jumped ship to the "Dresden; Nobody was innocent" side :p

Aren't you doing the same with the Germans? Or have you jumped ship to the "Dresden; Nobody was innocent" side :p

The guy from Zabalaza was really involved in Ungdomshuset stuff as well, so maybe now. But it is interesting the link between ex punks and the most pro organisational tendency within anarchism. But I understand and sympathise. :) But is that what they're doing in Copenhagen?

In terms of prisoners, there are still over 200 in prison (I'm wating to get a list and I'll forward it to Irish Anarchist Prisoner Support), with the way the danish legal system working being that people are given an amount of time in prison (after first being before a judge) while they try to build up evidence, normally after the first period runs out, your given another amount of time before then finally getting a court case. The initial times given have been 14 days and 27 days. This thursday will have been two weeks since the eviction, so we should know more then. So far, most of the people in prison are there without any evidence and based solely on police testimony. So people are basically being held without trial. In denmark, if this happens and you don't get tried/charged you are liable to receive money for each day held. So there could be a lot of payouts in the future. I think that's a pretty correct summation of what's going on. Also, all the foreigners who were in the house when it was evicted have now been deported and it doesn't look like they face anything and the police have been and still are focusing on foreign activists. A lot of insight into Danish society ...

The guy from Zabalaza was really involved in Ungdomshuset stuff as well, so maybe now. But it is interesting the link between ex punks and the most pro organisational tendency within anarchism. But I understand and sympathise. :) But is that what they're doing in Copenhagen?

I'm not sure, you'd need to talk to Ronan or the IS. I can't see such a tendency emerging while everyone is so ungdomshuset centred though. It's not just ex-punx or ex-blackbloc that are moving towards the organised tendency there are platformists springing up everywhere at the moment, you'd be surprised, or not, seems the logical step for people who came from the "movement of movements" and saw it's flaws.

A WSM member was in touch with the campaign and asked for the list of demands - they were all to do with the house. Is this still the case or is there a call for an amnesty and release of prisoners?

Are you in germany or denmark, if denmark do you want to do an interview for anarkismo.net (platformist international news site).

http://www.indymedia.dk/article/1026

Not entirely sure (need a translation, beergoth?), but I'm guessing it's 94 people released today. The people who would have been given 13 days and arrested on the day of the eviction. I thought some were given 14 days as well, so hopefully more people will be let out tomorrow.

Actually, this might be the people who were under 18 who were being held in the immigration detention centre in Sandholm. Denmark, fucking hell!!

ACAB!

http://www.minimalportal.dk/mini/Tegn/Trofee.html

http://www.emoware.org/ungdomshuset.asp

The police is pissing on ungdomshuset

The clearing of Ungdomshuset was apparently a very personal matter for several police officers. On Friday a group of police officers decided to pee at the so called 'Ground69', and after the clearing of the house the police had taken "trophy photos" of themselves on the roof of Ungdomhuset. A spokesperson for the police is distancing himself from these episodes.

On Friday night, 16th march, Kristina Pedersen and her sister got a bit of a surprise. The two women were at 'Ground69' looking at the many flowers when a police van suddenly pulled up. "I asked my sister what they were gonna do here, since nothing was really happening. About five police officers got out of the van and walked across the ground and took a piss! Just in the middle of it all. I turned towards my sister who looked as surprised as I was. What was the point? To rub more salt in the wound?", writes Kristina Pedersen in a letter to Modkraft.dk.

When the officers walked back towards the van, Kristina asked them if they had just showed up to piss on the ground, and the officers replied yes. They laughed when she said that their behaviour was disrespectful and that they should think about what the place meant to people. When Kristina asked if they did not realise that it was illegal to pee on private property, the police answered "we have a very good relationship with Ruth" (Evensen, the leader of Faderhuset).

Kristina Pedersens experience is not the only example of certain police officers not taking the clearing of Ungdomshuset very seriously. In a videoclip that Modkraft has received, one can see a group of police officers on the roof. The police officers line up next to each other for a "trophy photo". The police commisioner Henrik Blandebjerg, from Copenhagen Police, is not proud of these kind of stories. "We distance ourselves from this. It's strange that they've done this, under every circumstances this is an unfortnuate case", he says to Modkraft of the group of police officers who chose to pee on 'Ground69'. "If this is correct, I Can say that there is no reason they should have done this". About the documented "trophy photo" episode, Henrik Blandebjerg says "that this sends some stupid signals".

"We do a lot of telling our officers that this is not a personal war. That happens both in their education and as continuing discussion", he says. All in all, the police commisionor does not like that these stories get out in the press, and when the police will evaluate the clearing this is something he will personally discuss with his collegaues. "I will bring it up as an example of what not to do", says Henrik Blandebjerg. Video of the police on the roof:
http://www.minimalportal.dk/mini/Tegn/Trofee.html

Found this on Youtube, it's a programme a german TV station did on Ungdomshuset, I'm guessing it's done around k-town 2004. Take a look at who's in the backround when Daniel is being interviewed in the first part. And those standing around the band playing at the demo in the second part. :D And the tour guide "Peter". :)

Part 1:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Part 2:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Found this on Youtube, it's a programme a german TV station did on Ungdomshuset, I'm guessing it's done around k-town 2004. Take a look at who's in the backround when Daniel is being interviewed in the first part. And those standing around the band playing at the demo in the second part. :D And the tour guide "Peter". :)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2V22c6vtI

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgtFUP_aOpE
Who is it we're looking for? they all look the same to me.!ninjaaaa

300px-Predator_1.jpg

Eh..

A number of gender orientated groups are recommending a "birthstrike", opening the question as to whether there is a future at all. "We declare birthstrike. We, no matter what role in the production we play, are not producing any children before Ungdomshuset is back - anything else would be completely irresponsible"

What's the status with getting a new place?

has anyone heard of the band Abnorm ..... sorry for moving slightly away from the title of this thread just i saw k-town mentioned and the guy from abnorm was telling me a little about that scene, seems quite interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back