u:mack's 15th birthday party (thurs dec 10) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 5
sorry about the delay with stage times, here they are:

8.00pm - skinny wolves djs
8.30pm - Adebisi Shank
9.35pm - The Ex
10.55pm - 65daysofstatic
11.50pm - !!! (Chk Chk Chk) DJs
12.30am - Battles
1.40am - 3.00am !!! (Chk Chk Chk) DJ's
Please note that there will be changeover times between the first three bands, during which skinny wolves dj's will be playing.
1 hour and 20 min of The EX well worth the asking price. and if you've any sense you can go to the smoking area with a whiskey and a johnny blue and just forget that battles exist. Yay

Just heard the bowld Timo on RTE one on my way home from work (after a very poxy day) doing an interview about the history and shit.HE WAS FUCKING GAS!

Respekkkt in evvvery assspect T!

How fucking good was that icecream song? Just wish i could find a live recording of it.

Your wish is my command - last song on Mary Anne Hobb's show :)

I thought The Ex were brilliant (unbelievably good in parts particularly when they let loose and the song Kathrina sang). Battles were deadly - new stuff sounds very promising. I don't get 65 Days of Static at all - totally over the top cheesey shite and they act like insincere spanners on stage as well!

Your wish is my command - last song on Mary Anne Hobb's show :)

I thought The Ex were brilliant (unbelievably good in parts particularly when they let loose and the song Kathrina sang). Battles were deadly - new stuff sounds very promising. I don't get 65 Days of Static at all - totally over the top cheesey shite and they act like insincere spanners on stage as well!

65 days were like 5 Bonos all at once.

I've come to the conclusion I will just never get Battles I thought at times they veered between good interesting pop and a bad mash up of the Beastie Boys circa Hello Nasty and Primal Scream exterminator. but then what do I know I'm clearly to set in my ways to even try at this stage.

The Ex were great. they've only had that line up, what? a year maybe and all but three were brand new songs they're a great band.
Adabesi were excellent pity the whole crowd from tuesday weren't there.

Congrats to the lads 15 more years and you get a phonecall from Bono.

Battles are fucking rubbish.

Don't get me wrong,they're good players but they are RUBBISH.

If I was 23 and full of testosterone I'd prolly love them.

Was there any birds dancing at this show?

I SERIOUSLY FUCKING DOUBT IT.

My arse would wipe the floor with yer man on the guitar.
And my arse has got fuck all chops.

Good times were had on Thursday, fair play to Umack. It was my first time seeing Adebisi Shank and after hearing so much about them and their live shows, I wasn't disappointed at all. Great tunes, energetic performances and fantastic musicians.

I'd never heard of The Ex before but really enjoyed them, like every other band on the bill they were so tight and played really well together especially whne they got into it towards the end and started with the big riff extended outros.

I really enjoyed 65 Days of Static and don't get the Bono thing at all :confused: They were just four lads who put on a great show and all seemed really into it plus they rocked .|..|

I'd no interest in Battles apart from Atlas and wasn't going to hang around for over an hour just to hear it so left as the !!! dj set started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back