This forum is almost unreadable (1 Viewer)

platters

Website
www.myspace.com
I go onto the General Forum to see general banter about music and other peripheries amongst my friends but it reads more like the listings section of the Dublin Event Guide. I understand that there are a lot of promoters who post here and they are the life blood of Thumped, but I honestly think it’s impeding others like me from posting and browsing on this part of the site. There is a Gig Announcement section on Thumped, why don’t promoters just leave their electronic flyers on there instead?

I go onto the General Forum to see general banter about music and other peripheries amongst my friends but it reads more like the listings section of the Dublin Event Guide. I understand that there are a lot of promoters who post here and they are the life blood of Thumped, but I honestly think it’s impeding others like me from posting and browsing on this part of the site. There is a Gig Announcement section on Thumped, why don’t promoters just leave their electronic flyers on there instead?

you need to be a special member (i.e. - a donar) to post there
tis the rules
.|..|
leigh

Sift through – my point exactly, why bother when there are loads of other forums that have strict no plugging gigs and no bumping rules on their general pages. It doesn’t take that long means it takes too long (in the parlance of our times)

Announcement for announcement / discussion for discussion – come on, no offence but that’s bollox

Sift through – my point exactly, why bother when there are loads of other forums that have strict no plugging gigs and no bumping rules on their general pages. It doesn’t take that long means it takes too long (in the parlance of our times)

Announcement for announcement / discussion for discussion – come on, no offence but that’s bollox

But a lot of discussion comes out of those since no one can post in the announcement section. Granted not all, but many.

ok
you're quite obviously not paying attention - only a few people here can post in the gig announcements section
:rolleyes:
leigh

ok
you're quite obviously not paying attention - only a few people here can post in the gig announcements section
:rolleyes:
leigh

My bad, I didn’t realise. It seems I’m the one talking bollix.

It’s still making a mockery out of the idea of a General Discussion section imho.

gig announcements is for independent / diy promoters. paid up supporters get to post their stuff there too as a bonus.

replies are moderated to keep it on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back