the world is seriously fucked up. (1 Viewer)

not to jump on this but people should be able to disassociate the actions of a militia clan from the an entire religion. If they can't, well then... that's their problem.

True.

but - innocent, non-militia Muslims may feel the brunt as negative vibes may be directed their way - from people who don't know any better.

I'm not aware of any other religious laws that provide for the stoning to death of women for adultery except under Sharia law.

True.

but - innocent, non-militia Muslims may feel the brunt as negative vibes may be directed their way - from people who don't know any better.

true indeed.

I wonder what the situation on the ground was. There was suggestion that the militia fired on the crowd when some intervened.

I'm not aware of any other religious laws that provide for the stoning to death of women for adultery except under Sharia law.

my understanding of sharia is very bad but as far as I understand there isn't a set of rules that dictate action and sharia is interpreted through the culture and custom of the context it is being delivered.

The punishments related to Hadt or Hadd (or whatever it is) are not applied in the same manner in different countries.

One of the main things I picked up from the Chester Beatty Library "understanding Islam" conference a few years back was the lack of hierarchy, as we see it, under Islam. i.e the pope and all that comes under that. And this is one of the reasons why there is such conflict and debate in what is real and unreal in Islam

I was in Somalia yesterday. Seriously. Hairy, hairy.

People I spoke to there say things like this happen all the time but it's rarely reported. Normal rules (even normal Sharia rules) don't apply in Somalia and anyone who says they have a clue what's going on there or where it's going is talking shit.

Don't want to go back anytime soon.

my understanding of sharia is very bad but as far as I understand there isn't a set of rules that dictate action and sharia is interpreted through the culture and custom of the context it is being delivered.

The punishments related to Hadt or Hadd (or whatever it is) are not applied in the same manner in different countries.

One of the main things I picked up from the Chester Beatty Library "understanding Islam" conference a few years back was the lack of hierarchy, as we see it, under Islam. i.e the pope and all that comes under that. And this is one of the reasons why there is such conflict and debate in what is real and unreal in Islam

precisely. in a way there is no such thing as 'Islam'- there are just hundreds of version of interpreting the Koran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back