The World Cup (2 Viewers)

Was a great game and a super tournament.

Very enjoyable.

I look forward to 2018.

Also The reception for Sepp Blatter was well deserved and on a final bitching about FIFA note, Keeping Argentina on the pitch that long was fucking bullshit. The final arrogant act of a bunch of cunts who've never played the fucking game and don't know awful how that feels.

Everybody

Wir sind die Meister, meine Freunde,

Und wir werden auf die Bekämpfung der "bis zum Ende zu halten.

Wir sind die Champions.

Wir sind die Champions.

Keine Zeit für Verlierer

Denn wir sind die Champions der Welt.

Mascarana definitely should have got player of the tournament alright. Although he also could well have been sent off in the final, haha
Would have been harsh, Aguero on the other hand was a lucky lad indeed. Definitely made a fist and threw it in the general direction of Schwienstieger, who must have killed Messi's puppies before the match, fucking hell they battered him all night. If Messi had gotten that treatment there would have been a tribunal.

Aye Schweinsteiger was through the wars there tonight. Great player.

Anyway, that's it, I'm never watching football ever again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dunphy was on his 'football is dying around the world' bleakness trip after that game.. I forgot that Bill was retiring. I'm not sure that what he does (basically prodding Dunphy, Giles and Brady into action then marshaling the resulting debate a bit) is all that special but of course you'll miss somebody who's been a fixture of TV for 30 years. Are we in the era of Daragh Moloney now? Or Peter Collins even.. They should give Eoin McDevitt formerly of Newstalk a go.

What do we make of the tournament overall so? The group stages were the most entertaining I can remember but after that it all went a bit cagey and fearful, I can only think of 3 or 4 of the knockout games that really had the right level of drama/quality (plus the Brazil semi final was hilariously tragic of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back