The World Cup (1 Viewer)

aside from last 15 mins of brazil game. quarters have been shite
Pretty much. I miss Mexico and Chile.

Tactically every single manager has gotten it wrong and there's a real sense of fear amongst the teams.

Having said that, do you think Costa Rica will be afraid of letting anyone down ? Will they fuck. C'mon ta fuck Costa Rica!!!

Argie manager got it spot on today, change in defence and they were totally solid. That Garay is a great player too.
In one sense yes, I suppose Di Maria going off was a blow but they never put Belgium away in spite of the fact that they were so one dimensional.

Okay he did the best out of a bad bunch. Wilmots, Scolari and Deschamp though fucking hell. Like I said earlier Low got it right for all of 5 fucking minutes.

Well I'd say they were mostly just conserving energy in the 25º heat during the second half. Higuain should have wrapped it up, and Messi should have scored too. In contrast, Belgium had a grand total of zero clear-cut chances.

Well I'd say they were mostly just conserving energy in the 25º heat during the second half. Higuain should have wrapped it up, and Messi should have scored too. In contrast, Belgium had a grand total of zero clear-cut chances.
True, he got a lot right and they looked good with Di Maria in there. Okay to be fair he did okay. To be fair most of the poor matches throughout the tournament have been day time kick offs. FIFA fucking it up yet again.

Watching the Costa Rica vs Orange Bastards game, and George Hamilton is commentating on his own. Did Ray Houghton die or something? With a bit of luck, like.
Somebody that knows someone in RTE get on to them and inform them that I'll be happy to co-commentate alongside George Hamilton for half the price Ray charges.

Is that not the same thing?
No very much not the same thing. They came within a cunt hair of having to go through a penalty shoot out in that game they won against Iran in the last minute. There's a huge difference between that and the classic Italian "get one up early on and shut up shop. For me Argentina have gotten stronger in their matches as opposition teams tired.

They've played 3 european sides who have wilted. Holland will not wilt in the semi (if they get there). They've a lot to sort out and late goals go either way. I still think they've got a great chance against either Holland or Costa Rica but they've not been vintage.

Fucking hell!!!!!

To the tune of that USA chant

LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS LOS TICOS !!!!!!

i reckoned argentina and netherlands were going to go through yesterday, on no basis whatsoever. obviously i'm clairvoyant.

with my newfound clairvoyant skills, i predict argentina for the win.
you can take that to the bank.

1391166867_stretch.png

PS:
Holland will not wilt in the semi
snurtle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back