The New Year (1 Viewer)

Here's a list of their European tour dates:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 15 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tanned Tin Festival[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Castello[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 16 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grrrnd Zero[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lyon[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 17 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bad Bonn[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duedingen[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 18 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lokomotiv[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bologna[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 20 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Orangehouse[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Munich[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 21 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Magnet[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Berlin[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 22 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prinzenbar[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hamburg[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nov 24 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8:00P[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pret A Ecouter Festival[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heidelberg[/FONT]
If they don't come to Ireland it could always be used as an excuse to spend a few days eating ice cream in Bologna!

I can't stop listening to their song "18".
Very nice guitars for the last three minutes or so.

Or is that Bedhead? Hmmmm...

Anybody ever see them live (Bedhead or New Year)?

'18' is The New Year alright.

Saw them in 2002, they were brilliant despite a lot of technical difficulties.
Amazing watching 4 guitar players all playing so little!

'The Kadane Brothers' were doing a few gigs around Texas when i was there last month, would've killed to see them

Basically Silkworm, right?

2/3 silkworm = 1/2 bp. i never did get into silkworm (only have the covers e.p.) so must give em another go. chris manfrin (ex-seam) also in bp.

this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not this:

I drove Chris Brokaw from Dublin to Belfast the other day.
The New Year are keen to play Dublin on the forthcoming tour but haven't had any offers from promoters apparently.

Just heard that they'll be playing indoors at Primavera (in the Auditoreum).
Perfect, the sound is frickin amazing in there

I've recently got into The New Year. Well, this End is Near album anyway.
Age of Conceit is my favourite.

It's not normally my scene but I think this album strikes the sweetspot in terms of sleepy, resigned vocalising and simple chugging guitars. Nothing ever gets in the way of anything else, there's great clarity.
Anyway, I'll buy more.

I've recently got into The New Year. Well, this End is Near album anyway.
Age of Conceit is my favourite.

It's not normally my scene but I think this album strikes the sweetspot in terms of sleepy, resigned vocalising and simple chugging guitars. Nothing ever gets in the way of anything else, there's great clarity.
Anyway, I'll buy more.

They are a great band. I was lucky enough to see them live in London last year in a tiny venue stuffed to the rafters. Matt Kadane is a total legend. History lecturer by day and then singer in The New Year by night. The dream.

From The New Year

OVERSEAS is: David Bazan, Will Johnson, Matt & Bubba Kadane. Their debut album will be released on June 11, 2013.

PRE-ORDER NOW + INSTANT DOWNLOAD
http://www.undertowstore.com/

Starting today, you can pre-order it and get a full-album download at the time of purchase!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Year/10674076212

18708_10151304181516213_1386341193_n.jpg

New Facebook Page for Bedhead... created by the band.

Bedhead | Facebook

We're in the midst of combing our archives for an upcoming major project that will officially be announced soon. Please hit us up if you've got any photos or videos, we'd love to see them.

Exciting! (if that's not an oxymoron)

i have a good few bedhead records, but i only actually *really* like one song, but it's amazing, breathtaking even

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back