The High Llamas (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
gehr2.jpg

"always the same, always the same..."

still you can't beat them, new album in Feb '07...

Sean playin in Cork Dec 18 me thinks.
See corkgigs.com

Saw Llamas in Olympia yonks ago, fairly boring.

Sean playin in Cork Dec 18 me thinks.
See corkgigs.com

Saw Llamas in Olympia yonks ago, fairly boring.

I saw then in Vicar Street around Snowbug (my favourite record) and Buzzle Bee, I thought they were fantastic, a lot more lively and dynamic... I seem to remember a very very very long 'The Track Goes By' too

I'm playing cold and bouncy and hawaii a lot this week, I started off liking it loads, then went through the "jesus, the same plinky plonk piano rythm on everything?" "haven't I heard this banjo bit before" "uh, vibraphones again"

but then you sort of zone out and it's all deadly again... it's bizzare that someone would commit themsleves, seemingly, too working within such a restriced palette of sounds... I guess that was what I meant by trying ot paraphrase John Peels comment about the Fall at the top of this thread there

also Lolo Rosso, the remix album, is amazing

There is also a journalist also named Sean O'Hagan who frequently writes about British and Irish pop music, particularly about his relationship with U2. The journalist has also contibuted to the Guardian, interviewing such musicians as Tom Waits[1]. In an internet chat session promoting the High Llamas's album "Buzzle Bee," the musician O'Hagan confirmed the name confusion and added, "This has plagued me for years."

I saw then in Vicar Street around Snowbug (my favourite record) and Buzzle Bee, I thought they were fantastic, a lot more lively and dynamic... I seem to remember a very very very long 'The Track Goes By' too

I'm playing cold and bouncy and hawaii a lot this week, I started off liking it loads, then went through the "jesus, the same plinky plonk piano rythm on everything?" "haven't I heard this banjo bit before" "uh, vibraphones again"

but then you sort of zone out and it's all deadly again... it's bizzare that someone would commit themsleves, seemingly, too working within such a restriced palette of sounds... I guess that was what I meant by trying ot paraphrase John Peels comment about the Fall at the top of this thread there

also Lolo Rosso, the remix album, is amazing

I was at that gig too. It was great. It's the hypnotic quality of the music that keeps you locked in.

Snowbug is great and Buzzle Bee has it moments.

What you think of Beet, Maize & Corn, Panty?

i love hawaii. that gig in vicar street was great. such lovely summer music.

What you think of Beet, Maize & Corn, Panty?

I've not got it yet actually, it's all strings innit? Any use?

the new record will apparantly follow it in an acoustic mode

i love hawaii. that gig in vicar street was great. such lovely summer music.

you're such lovely summer music ramps

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back