The Great Thumped Brain Drain (2 Viewers)

are you using the mobile version or what?

http://thumped.com/bbs/forum.php?styleid=63

if that's not good enough you'll have to wait for the €1million buy out so i can hire a couple of full time people to work on the site.

that mobile site is great but it doesn't work on eirecore. Is that because the punks don't use proper mobiles

Sadly, the old version of Thumped didn't have this issue.
I've a similar reason for not posting - company i work for now has an old version of IE, 6.somethingorother, and with the new layout, thumped is totally unreadable and un-navigable, so even if i wanted to post something, i literally can't.

I find this version of thumped a pain to read. Unless you view full screen which i rarely do as I have a few things goin on the screen, the right hand pane takes up up to half of the screen. To illustrate how it looks now for me:
2uscvw8.gif

ouch
things get messy. and the right hand pane is there for the top of the pages (for the amount of 4 messages of up to 30 in the scenario of the screencap) and for the rest of the page, it is left (intentionally) blank. scalablity has taken a huge step back unfortunately

sometimes yeah, half of the screen is pretty usual for me. i'm used to forums, blogs etc scaling well and can keep word processor, video, pdf or whatever on the other side<br />
<br />
well the mobile version suits my purpose better anyways it seems, i'll stick with this i guess...

p.s. that image was 900 pixels wide!

That's the thing, most sites are pretty scalable natively.

I tend to try and avoid m. sites as much as I can.

That being said, I have switched to mobile thumped and am happier.

Not thrilled mind, but less annoyed.

Now if only thumped didn't log me out on my PC all the time.

That's def a new "feature" and it's annoying.

I'll do some Internet magic to stop the mai bit of the page collapsing too much, but the right hand side column is only about 310 pixels wide.

I think that this situation can be summed up by this extract from F.R David, winter 2009 issue:

"Among the good there prevailed a quietly resigned gloom, among the wicked a malicious pessimism. The fact was that a breakdown of outmoded forms, and a degree of reshuffling both of the world and it's morality by means of politics and war, had to take place before the culture itself became capable of real self analysis and a new organisation."

Lock thread

Two more annoying things about the mobile version:

- no breadcrumbs = crippled navigation
- no signatures on posts (how annoying)

So after a day of trying it, I'm going back to the difficult to read version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back