The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (1 Viewer)

So...advantage Athleti? Except now Barca will be wanting to beat them. Intrigue.

But if Barca beat Atletico in the final game and Real win they hand Real the title. But if they don't go for it they have no shot of it themselves. Or something. This is assuming they'll all win their next games and Real win their game in hand. Which is no guarantee.

A win and a draw does Atletico, gets them to 92. Which is the max that Real can get but Atleti have the head to head advantage.

Barca can win their last games to get the 91, which might not be enough.

And in Spain, unlike the PL the final round of games isn't usually play simultaneously.

The Ronaldo backheel volley tonight. That's Ibrahimovic's move!!

Although he wasted a heap of other chances. He should give Bale a go at the free kicks now and again too. He's such a selfish bastard. His tantrum when Morata didn't pass him the ball was hilarious too.

A win and a draw does Atletico, gets them to 92. Which is the max that Real can get but Atleti have the head to head advantage.

Barca can win their last games to get the 91, which might not be enough.

And in Spain, unlike the PL the final round of games isn't usually play simultaneously.

This year the last round of matches look to be played at the same time on Sunday afternoon. Maybe they scheduled it that way because it was looking like this scenario could play out.

Na man, I'm on board for the Champions League alright, but either Barca or Atletico winning the league is all good by me. Although I do hope Barca throw it to make sure Atletico win it and Real don't.

FFS, the Spanish league hace scheduled the title decider to clash with the FA Cup final.

On a related note, must be a huge pisser for fans that they often don't know what time or what day their team is playing until 6 days before the match.

Some of the finishing in the Europa League final tonight would convince you that the brits are right and no one wants to win the thing.

Good game all the same. Very evenly matched full of attacking intent. It must be roasting in Turin though because everyone looks fucked.

Benfica finishing especially. Must have missed about 10 great chances. Feel kind of sorry for them. They were the better team over the game.

Rakitic was great tonight. No doubt will be snapped up in the summer.

Anyway the game was a nice change from the patient build-up thats the norm in Europe these days. Both teams hitting each other on the counter-attack. It was crazy how open it was. I think in terms of entertainment value the EL has been the better than the CL this year. Some really great games. Can't say I remember many CL games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back