Sun Kil Moon (Mark Kozelek's new toy) (1 Viewer)

the sun kil moon album is the best thing i've heard in ages. looking forward to this.

class!!! the go-betweens playing in june too. i take back all my slagging of fkos.

house of mexico as support to sun kil moon would be great. but don't let me put you off.

spectraljanitor said:
hopefully it'll make up for the shamefully bad RHP show in the olympia three years ago...
he's great solo - what the SKM rekkid like??

I thought it was a great show, I mean they were hardly going to jump off the amps and smash their kit up. Brilliant gig IMHO.

The SKM record is utterly amazing

yup. i thought that olympia gig was incredible. way better than that pile of shit they delivered in the mean fiddler.

the only bad thing about the olympia gig was the turn out. they looked disappointed with that.

Donal said:
yup. i thought that olympia gig was incredible. way better than that pile of shit they delivered in the mean fiddler.

the only bad thing about the olympia gig was the turn out. they looked disappointed with that.
hum... i thought olympia was pretty boring, but thought mean fiddler gig was excellent.

didn't really like the ac/dc stuff at d'olympia. the version of 'have you forgotton' was not a patch on the originally recorded version. the jokes about 'the george' were good though.

the mean fiddler was so class. the inverted version of '24' was, frankly, amazing. i drooled on the head of the person in front of me. i loved the sing-along to 'katy song'. and the 'old ramon' stuff sounded fresh at that stage.

the sun kil moon album is very very good. it's up there with anything by red house painters. i think. it's a lot more lush/rockier than the original (sparse) sound and is a hell of a lot cheerier than the earlier stuff. it has absolutely no relevance to any stuff that's going on these days, musically speaking. i would definitely recommend it to anyone over the age of 3.

i got 'life's hard then you die' (it's immaterial) there a while back. it's fucking deadly. such a pity 'driving away from home' was their only hit. that's another banker. listening to 'i can hear the heart beating as one' (yo la tengo) a fair bit these days as well. it's well class.

Cue a zillion posts about how brilliant RHP are/were, oh hang on they're already here.
It's amazing how people are blinded by those ac/dc covers, like, it's yer man from RHP doing ac/dc sp it must be amazing when in fact they are mostly crap and in w weird way i find them kind of personnaly insulting.

Adem are the support. Blurb from mcd.ie...

ADEM
Fronting his own four-piece band (though appearing at Green Energy as a duo), ADEM - erstwhile bassist with Fridge - has stepped out into the light with a wealth of beautiful songs, perfectly arranged for acoustic guitars, autoharp, harmonium, percussion and double bass. Adem's honest vocal delivery and hymn-like song structures present his tightly wrought musical vision with great style.

Adem's debut single "Everything You Need/Statued" was released last year on Rough Trade's For-Us 7" label, and since then he and the band have been playing successful shows around the UK, most recently headlining at the ICA.

Anthony said:
Cue a zillion posts about how brilliant RHP are/were, oh hang on they're already here.
It's amazing how people are blinded by those ac/dc covers, like, it's yer man from RHP doing ac/dc sp it must be amazing when in fact they are mostly crap and in w weird way i find them kind of personnaly insulting.

tony, let the bee out of the bonnet. I've never heard their AC/DC covers, but I imagine they are pretty piss poor as AC/DC seemed to be only capable of rewriting the same two chord changes under pretty poor double entendres

I'm sure Mark K performs they very well, but in the end it's like Brian Wilson covering the songs of Sesame Street.... a little odd, something for the press to blab about, but in the no way as good as what he could've written himself

:) :D ;) :cool:

tony, let the bee out of the bonnet. I've never heard their AC/DC covers, but I imagine they are pretty piss poor as AC/DC seemed to be only capable of rewriting the same two chord changes under pretty poor double entendres

ahahahah - spa!

andrew

Here... Saw School Of Rock last night... Best bit is when he shows the kid how to riff... nearly pissed myself...

i watched salo last night - the best bit is when they rip the birds scalp off and cut out the guys tongue. school of rock is deadly too though.

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back