Story with the illegal downloads? (1 Viewer)

Serpico

Website
www.conanbrophy.com
What's the crack with this shit? Is there anybody going to prosecute me for it?
What are the risks if, say, I decide to download the whole of Mad Men season 4?!ninjaaaa

has anyone ever been done for downloading stuff? For some reason I had it in my head that its the sharers they go after rather than the downloaders.

Yeah as far as I recall all the cases I've read about people uploading music. I can't remember any movie/tv show related stuff.

The law is pretty strictly about uploading stuff(music and film) and then only stuff from certain companies. Best bet is to download from the likes of rapidshare/megupload and/or make sure you're not with eircom if you're gonna use torrents.

If you're streaming either sidereel (as mentioned above) or megavideo are worth a look.

from the eircom website said:
When a customer receives the third letter informing them that their service will be withdrawn, how long will the service be withdrawn for?

The service will be withdrawn for seven days. The service will be automatically restored after that period.

from the eircom websiteWhy is eircom doing this?

The downloading and sharing of copyrighted music is illegal. eircom has agreed to work with IRMA to combat it.

from the eircom website said:
Will other ISP's in Ireland also be implementing this?

The record companies have said that they will be pursuing similar agreements with other broadband providers in Ireland. This really is a matter for IRMA to comment on.
eircom said:
Does eircom monitor what I am doing online?

No. There are strict privacy laws that prohibit eircom from monitoring the online activities of individual customers.

i could be wrong, but mad men isnt music and embeds its advertising in the script.

The one thing about the irish market is that it in not large enough for a solicitor to make a living by trolling/trawling looking for quick settlements with mass mailouts as in the UK and US. Something to be grateful for.

i could be wrong, but mad men isnt music and embeds its advertising in the script.

I just have something in my memory about the UPC case involving companies who own the copyright to both music and film. I'm not 100% on what the deal is with film and tv but it's best to er on the side of caution if you're dealing with eircom.

Friend of mine got a letter from his broadband provider about a year ago saying that they had been notified of illegal downloading by someone or other and he had better stop or there might be trouble.

He just closed his account with them that day.

Friend of mine got a letter from his broadband provider about a year ago saying that they had been notified of illegal downloading by someone or other and he had better stop or there might be trouble.

He just closed his account with them that day.

Which ISP was it?

Just use Vuze.

http://www.vuze.com/

Very simple, no hassle from UPC unless you exceed the 120GB a month upload/download limit they have.

You can search for torrents, download them & watch them all with this one program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back