Soupy Goodness (1 Viewer)

platters

Website
www.myspace.com
I usually just lash loads of veg, garlic, chilli and sometimes ginger or fruit in with some stock, boil and blend.

I'd like to do something with a bit more finesse. I like pea & mint soup and I'd like to try something with courgettes.

Does anyone have any good recipes or ideas?

Gawwwwwd. my head is wrecked. I was convinced that the thread title said "Soupy Guinness" for the last five minutes. I had to convince myself it was otherwise...

This sounds delicious and my GF is freakishly into spinach, but she's lactose intolerant. Is there anyway of doing this without butter?
Yeah, use olive oil. I don't think it would be as nice mind.

I'll try to dig up some other recipies I've succesfuly followed over the years.

I thionk if you're bothered making a homemade stock, you're pretty much guaranteed a decent soup.

This soup is great too. I think I'll make some tonight, I made chicken stock on Monday night and it will be interesting to see what difference home-made stock makes.

Brocolli and almond soup.

2 medium sized onions,
1 large carrot,
1 medium potato,
at least one large head of brocolli,
about a table spoon of almond flakes,
veg stock,
salt + pepper,
pinch of mixed herbs

Last time i made this it was unbelievably good. We had a lot of broccoli to use up so the more the merrier. The spud and carrots gave it a good thick texture, and when blitzed all together the almonds give a rich creamy texture to it.

Butternut Squash & Carrot

A whole squash,
3-4 medium sized carrots,
2 medium sized onions,
paprika,
veg stock cube,
pinch of chilli powder
salt and pepper,
pinch of thyme

If you chop the squash into chunks and either fry or roast them for 10-15 minutes with paprika first, it gives the soup a really sweet flavour that dominates over the carrot nicely.

Here's an unusual one I tried yesterday, using up some seasonal veg I had left over.

Parsnip, Apple and chorizo.

Peel then chop two parsnips roughly and boil them in just enough water to cover them, for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut two large red apples into quarters, seed but don't peel them. Chuck them in with the parsnips with a bit more water and simmer them until they begin to fall apart. You should then blitz or mash them, and add salt and pepper to taste. At this point it will look and taste a bit like apple sauce, but resist the urge to salt it too much. The magic bit is next. Chop as much chorizo as you like into coin shaped pieces, and add to the pot. Water down as you see fit for consistency. Let the chorizo cook with the soup for another 10-15 minutes on a low heat.

If you still think that this recipe sounds a bit too odd, you'll change your mind when you tuck into your first spoonful. A weird but wonderful combination.

Here's an unusual one I tried yesterday, using up some seasonal veg I had left over.

Parsnip, Apple and chorizo.

Peel then chop two parsnips roughly and boil them in just enough water to cover them, for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut two large red apples into quarters, seed but don't peel them. Chuck them in with the parsnips with a bit more water and simmer them until they begin to fall apart. You should then blitz or mash them, and add salt and pepper to taste. At this point it will look and taste a bit like apple sauce, but resist the urge to salt it too much. The magic bit is next. Chop as much chorizo as you like into coin shaped pieces, and add to the pot. Water down as you see fit for consistency. Let the chorizo cook with the soup for another 10-15 minutes on a low heat.

If you still think that this recipe sounds a bit too odd, you'll change your mind when you tuck into your first spoonful. A weird but wonderful combination.

Now thats what I call broth-erly love.

Butternut Squash & Carrot

A whole squash,
3-4 medium sized carrots,
2 medium sized onions,
paprika,
veg stock cube,
pinch of chilli powder
salt and pepper,
pinch of thyme

If you chop the squash into chunks and either fry or roast them for 10-15 minutes with paprika first, it gives the soup a really sweet flavour that dominates over the carrot nicely.
if u wanna make it sweeter throw in looooads of orange juice or sweet potatoes... mmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back